Sports Authority

www.sportsauthority.com
  www.sportsauthority.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Very good yet incredibly boring.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Warwick, RI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Sports Authority part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working in Team Sports, loved helping customers and being able to use my sports knowledge in an effort to help customers. They dont ask much from associates other than to simply approach customers and at least try and make some sales, which is not terribly difficult when people are mindlessly staring at random products. Loved the benefits of working there, good hours, great managers.

Cons

Incredibly boring when no.customers are present. Often spent my time playing street hockey in the aisles or bouncing tennis balls for hours. Had a 36 hour sale once and had three customers come in.

Market better.

666 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

The experience was very good.

I worked at Sports Authority (more than an year)

Pros

The prose are there is a Flexible staff, with a very good good atmosphere, and lots of team work. Very cooperative leadership.

Cons

The cons to working here would be the salaries are not competitive for a career, unless you climb the ladder.

Keep all staff happy and wanting to strive for a great store.

Loyal and competitive within their competition and throughout the retail market.

Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Plano, TX

I have been working at Sports Authority full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

New CEO who I finally feel "gets it" in this competitive industry. Great first job and always an opportunity to move up within the company. Great employee discount, cost +15% from what Sports Authority pays for the product.

Cons

Biggest challenge I have noticed being in management with Sports Authority. Payroll always is an issue, employee turnover rate has never been very good. The most successful and pleasurable store managers to work for, are younger! 30-40's. The older generation of retail store managers have to go. I have worked with Sports Authority for 8 years and this seems to be more and more visible throughout the years.

It really goes further than direct department and store management. It starts with the district manager, he at the end of the day has the most say in who and where your managers end up. Unless Sports Authority as a whole learns how to train and develop more young people throughout the company things will never change. Like any company their are alot of political aspects in alot of personal decisions. Which quickly shows throughout the associates and the stores productivity, good, bad or in different.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority