There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

It started out great now I dread going to work everyday

Current Employee - Footwear Specialist
Current Employee - Footwear Specialist

I have been working at Sports Authority

Pros

- Great employee discount year round with a special managers discount given two times a year.
- The regular sales associates have become some of my best friends.
- I love the equipment I work with
- The knowledge I gained in my training from another associate, not management

Cons

- Their current focus on productivity. I work at the smallest store in the district and as an authority I have to have a $300 per hour minimum, when authorities at the larger stores in the district can't meet that goal how do you expect me too?
- DM giving Yankee tickets to an authority who cheats the system. Just because you "sticker" boxes doesn't mean you actually helped that person & all the cashiers put in your employee number regardless of who actually helped that person.
- All of a sudden my job performance isn't good enough and my job has been threatened because of my "sales" numbers.
- When I started in this company I was put in footwear because I had knowledge of the product, now this job has turned into a "non commission sales" job.
- I can't "sell" to people who aren't in the building. Don't yell at me when I don't meet the minimum when the store "dies" at 6pm every night.

When I first was hired at Sports Authority I LOVED my job. It was the perfect environment for me. Now I can't sleep because I'm actually thinking about how to get my productivity up because I'm scared of losing my job. You expect all associates to get 100% on CEIs but when you threaten their job and make them miserable how do you expect them to be happy.

613 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Authority (View Most Recent)

it was okay, till they gave me 0 hrs per week

I have been working at Sports Authority

Pros

i don't know lol
    cool people, okay discounts, a lot of stuff

Cons

communication with management sucks. They ONLY care about sales, not you as a person.

Clear out all of the store managers and hire new ones.. thanks

Ugh

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sports Authority

Pros

Working with most customers is fun.
    Relationships made with other associates

Cons

Almost no possibility for advancement,
    Managers will tell you anything to get to do your job even though they won't follow through with it.
    Have worked for 2.5 yrs for this company and not once have i received any real training on products, but am expected to explain the pros and cons to every customer.

Take time to work with and explain things to associates. If you say you are going to train someone on how to do something then you need to follow through with it. Don't tell the stores to do one thing and then a week later come back and tell us to go back to the way that it was in the past (happens every few weeks.)

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Authority

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!