Sports Authority

www.sportsauthority.com

It started out great now I dread going to work everyday

Footwear Specialist (Current Employee)

Pros- Great employee discount year round with a special managers discount given two times a year.
- The regular sales associates have become some of my best friends.
- I love the equipment I work with
- The knowledge I gained in my training from another associate, not management

Cons- Their current focus on productivity. I work at the smallest store in the district and as an authority I have to have a $300 per hour minimum, when authorities at the larger stores in the district can't meet that goal how do you expect me too?
- DM giving Yankee tickets to an authority who cheats the system. Just because you "sticker" boxes doesn't mean you actually helped that person & all the cashiers put in your employee number regardless of who actually helped that person.
- All of a sudden my job performance isn't good enough and my job has been threatened because of my "sales" numbers.
- When I started in this company I was put in footwear because I had knowledge of the product, now this job has turned into a "non commission sales" job.
- I can't "sell" to people who aren't in the building. Don't yell at me when I don't meet the minimum when the store "dies" at 6pm every night.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I first was hired at Sports Authority I LOVED my job. It was the perfect environment for me. Now I can't sleep because I'm actually thinking about how to get my productivity up because I'm scared of losing my job. You expect all associates to get 100% on CEIs but when you threaten their job and make them miserable how do you expect them to be happy.

not a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sports Authority

Pros: great discount the sell good products Cons: long work hours not good quality of life upper management… Advice to Senior Management: listen to feed back from your associates, they are the ones in the stores. without them there would be no company. let store managers determine… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

it was okay, till they gave me 0 hrs per week

I have been working at Sports Authority

Pros: i don't know lol cool people, okay discounts, a lot of… Cons: communication with management sucks. They ONLY care about sales, not… Advice to Senior Management: Clear out all of the store managers and hire new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sports Authority.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!