Sports Direct
www.sportsdirect.com Mansfield, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Broken promises and bad management.

Sale Assistant (Current Employee)
Liverpool, England (UK)

ProsThe wage is ok and the store has a good reputation/ cheap prices. 15% discount for employees.

ConsI was offered time and a third for working Sundays and told I would get paid for working over time. This did not happen as my co-workers and I were made to sign a second contract and were rushed to do so. The management do not treat the employees well and there is little to no chance of promotion. The shutters are closed at closing time and the employees are made to stay behind and clean the store without pay for overtime. Shifts and working hours change often.

Advice to Senior ManagementAttempt to create a team spirit or some sort of pleasant working environment rather than putting a heavy work load on a disgruntled, unhappy workforce.

Poor

Sales Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sports Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros: The staff are all ususally very nice t work with,… Cons: i have barely had any shifts in the past two months, in february i earned £15 in one 3 hour shift and this month i… Advice to Senior Management: management should spread the hours around staff more equally, i believe a couple of hours off the regular full-time staff each… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Never work again!!!

Senior Assistant (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sports Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros: 15% discount, and flexibility when you casual staff Cons: You have to buy even your own freaking UNIFORM! And now the "fun" starts when you end up being a full timer, you basically have… Advice to Senior Management: None, it goes higher up to the company policies, they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sports Direct.

Worked for Sports Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Direct reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sports Direct CEO David M. Forsey. All reviews posted anonymously by Sports Direct employees.