Sports Direct
www.sportsdirect.com Mansfield, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Manager induction/ training course was terrible!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Bognor Regis, England (UK)

ProsThe salary was reasonable and the uniform was comfortable.

ConsAfter being offered a position as an assistant store manager i attended a two week induction, the course leaders where unprofessional and agressive, we were frequently sworn at and had tennis balls thrown at us, very long days mostly 12 hours and one short break. contracted hours mentioned at the interview went from 40 to 50 by the end of the first day! staff discount of 15% only to be used on buying things in your own size and on a 2hr slot on a thursday. no sick pay is given even after one year, £10 deductions from your wages per mistake made checking people in and out. we were told we would fail and where not good enough before being given the chance to even complete a task. over all totally disgraceful! avoid at all costs!

Advice to Senior Managementtraining managers need to be trained and managed! abusive and rude behaviour is not the best way to develop and motivate people into a company.

Awful, disgusted by every part of the employment

Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sports Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nothing at all!!! There wasn't one thing I liked at… Cons: Management, fellow employees, lack of training, dirty, extremely hot conditions, hours, uniform, pay. They're slave drivers!… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Shockingly poor employer

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sports Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros: Share scheme is pretty good Cons: Absolutely everything else about the business - hours, area managers,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sports Direct.

Worked for Sports Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Direct reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sports Direct CEO David M. Forsey. All reviews posted anonymously by Sports Direct employees.