Terrible, avoid working here

Current Contractor - Cast
Current Contractor - Cast

I have been working at Sports Direct as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The company isn't exactly going to go bust any time soon.

Cons

Co-workers make you depressed, I asked one of them what day it was and he replied "no idea mate every day is the same for me, wake up, come here, go home, sleep", the whole idea of "flexible hours" apparently didn't apply to me and I ended up being put down for shifts whilst I was in school. I'm constantly given hours which they know I'm unavailable for and as a result I end up working no hours or having to miss out on things I have planned for. The managers almost bully you and try their best to make you feel small and are not very understanding of employees' concerns/issues at all. The company is not open to new ideas with a 'my way or the highway' attitude. If you work a close down shift they don't let you leave until way after you are due to finish. You constantly find yourself doing other people's jobs and the majority of the employees are shallow minded half wits who have no ambitions. I am handing in my notice today.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop acting as if you are a prophet, you are still working at sports direct at the end of the day

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company to work

I worked at Sports Direct part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly Environment to work around

Cons

to much work load for individual

Advice to Management

reduce work load on individual

2. Manager induction/ training course was terrible!

Former Contractor - Assistant Manager in Bognor Regis, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Assistant Manager in Bognor Regis, England (UK)

I worked at Sports Direct as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary was reasonable and the uniform was comfortable.

Cons

After being offered a position as an assistant store manager i attended a two week induction, the course leaders where unprofessional and agressive, we were frequently sworn at and had tennis balls thrown at us, very long days mostly 12 hours and one short break. contracted hours mentioned at the interview went from 40 to 50 by the end of the first day! staff discount of 15% only to be used on buying things in your own size and on a 2hr slot on a thursday. no sick pay is given even after one year, £10 deductions from your wages per mistake made checking people in and out. we were told we would fail and where not good enough before being given the chance to even complete a task. over all totally disgraceful! avoid at all costs!

Advice to Management

training managers need to be trained and managed! abusive and rude behaviour is not the best way to develop and motivate people into a company.