Sports Direct

www.sportsdirect.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sports Direct

Bonus obsessed culture Regionals and area managers wouldn't survive in a commercial driven retailer.

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sports Direct full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Store teams remain positive even though the pressure on them at all times is unbearable.

Cons

Lack of training and development.
Investment in wages is poor all to protect the profit pot, Store teams expected to work way beyond an acceptable level including extra hours unpaid.

Can only hope that the retail team get changed at some point and Is lead by a strong retailer who wants to change the business and culture for the good of the company.

113 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Direct (View Most Recent)

Poorly run store, however good opportunities

Former Employee - Shoe Supervisor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Shoe Supervisor in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Sports Direct full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Career opportunities are always opening up, UK and europe. zero hour contracts are helpful for students who need time off to go 'home' or for exam periods.

Cons

career development from management team is close to zero as I have ever experienced. staff discount is only 15% and is pretty poor compared to other retailers who off 20% student discount.

Spend more time developing internal staff than trying to bring in externals who don't know how the company works

The worse company I have ever been with

Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Sports Direct part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First job, general customer service skills

Cons

0 hour contracts, pay was the same even when i became a senior member of staff. I ended up working 18 hour days sometimes whilst doing stock take, in a non-air conditioned shop. Managers swore all the time, once held a pair of scissors up to me. i decided to leave the shop that day raised a formal grievance with no out come. I then decided to hand my notice in as I was given no opportunity to progress

Go undercover review all your stores. make your work place a better environment no need for so much stock making you feel claustrophobic. Train all your managers on complaints handling and how to treat customers fairly.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Direct