There are newer employer reviews for Sports Direct

Bonus obsessed culture Regionals and area managers wouldn't survive in a commercial driven retailer.

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sports Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Store teams remain positive even though the pressure on them at all times is unbearable.

Cons

Lack of training and development.
Investment in wages is poor all to protect the profit pot, Store teams expected to work way beyond an acceptable level including extra hours unpaid.

Can only hope that the retail team get changed at some point and Is lead by a strong retailer who wants to change the business and culture for the good of the company.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Sports Direct (View Most Recent)

The worse company I have ever been with

Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Sports Direct part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First job, general customer service skills

Cons

0 hour contracts, pay was the same even when i became a senior member of staff. I ended up working 18 hour days sometimes whilst doing stock take, in a non-air conditioned shop. Managers swore all the time, once held a pair of scissors up to me. i decided to leave the shop that day raised a formal grievance with no out come. I then decided to hand my notice in as I was given no opportunity to progress

Go undercover review all your stores. make your work place a better environment no need for so much stock making you feel claustrophobic. Train all your managers on complaints handling and how to treat customers fairly.

5 years of work helping to train new staff to replace my position the management still treated me with no respect!

Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Ipswich, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Ipswich, England (UK)

I worked at Sports Direct part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people i worked with excluding the management. That is the only pro of this company.

Cons

Had no concept of management it was either their way or no way, they would rarely accommodate/ help you out with time off or etc. despite working your butt off to at least try and impress them.

Management Course, but more specifically how to treat and talk to people correctly and respectfully.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Direct