There are newer employer reviews for Sports Direct

Zero hour contract the problem

Former Contractor - Casual Sales Assistant in Bury, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at Sports Direct as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

No chance of company going bust, friendly people.

Cons

zero hour contracts make it a pressured environment. Have to constantly upsell the dam bag.Customers aren't the best. Received a lot of abuse, store wasn't really that organised

Get rid of zero hour contracts. They are awful. Try and create a more friendly atmosphere. No team building whatsoever so it was very every man for himself.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sportsdirect.com UK's number one!

Current Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Hartlepool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Casual Sales Assistant in Hartlepool, England (UK)

I have been working at Sports Direct part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Able to have a life such as going to uni and a job with a reasonable pay at the side. Also helps with confidence when working with customers and making friends with other employees.

Cons

0hr contract meaning you never know if your going to be work all week or even just one day and KPI's having to get a certain percentage everyday.

More to hours to the staff who make the effort instead of sharing them out with employers who stand around.

2. Your treated like a slave. You're not treated with any respect what so ever and left to feel very dis valued.

I worked at Sports Direct

Pros

I did meet a handful of very good people i now consider my friends but other than that there isn't a thing i would say is a 'pro' about working at Sports Direct.

Cons

I don't think the store is run efficiently enough. Very unorganized. Nor do i think the level of English being spoke is good enough. I use to have customers coming up to me constantly everyday asking if i'm English and that no one understands them when asking where something is.

Absolutely disgraceful. My old manager(s) use to take advantage of their position and favor certain employee's and give them more hours than other employee's. Treated like dirt.
    They was quick enough to pick you out for a little mistake but never praise you for the good work i felt i did on the shop floor dealing with angry customers because the level of English was a major barrier or because the amount of staff on duty wasn't good enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Sports Direct