There are newer employer reviews for Sportsman's Guide

Working in a unprofesional, competitive job that needs more professional Team Lead position.

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in South Saint Paul, MN
Former Employee - Call Center Representative in South Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Sportsman's Guide

Pros

They aren't focused on any special age group. They offer seasonal positions, it's actually good for an extra job. Decent money in the call canter area. Very diverse in regards to hiring policies

Cons

Absolutely lacking in professionalism and feedback ,work ethics, and virtually not practicing confidentiality rights. Management does not have a policy if a lead agent yells, demeans or embarrassing employees daily. VVvvvvery poor habits when discaplineing employees in front of other employees.
 Highly operated on favoritism in most areas. Management does not offer an employee on how to improve at their job.

Take a management class. Monitor Floor Leads and Team leads on better ways to motivate employees.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Sportsman's Guide (View Most Recent)

It's fine, it's a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Sportsman's Guide

Pros

The merchandise discount. We get merchandise at cost. It's a great job if you like to hunt, fish, shoot, military, etc.

Cons

Except for customer service and call center, there is not much turnover so advancement opportunities are slim to none in other positions.

Do what other companies do and make it a point to promote from within. If a current employee meets the minimum qualifications for a position, they should be selected rather than someone from outside the company.

Great Company, Better People

I worked at Sportsman's Guide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Speaking from the e-commerce side, the leadership is strong and gives e-commerce due focus and investment. Everyone I worked with across departments was very friendly and good to work with.

Cons

I was very happy during my time at the Sportsman's Guide. Health insurance could be a little stronger/less expensive.

There are newer employer reviews for Sportsman's Guide