Sportsman's Warehouse

www.sportsmanswarehouse.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Sportsman's Warehouse

A strict yet friendly family environment that makes me proud to go home feeling like I've helped someone or met someone

Current Employee - Camping Associate
Current Employee - Camping Associate

I have been working at Sportsman's Warehouse

Pros

They're really flexible with a full school schedule, allowing me to succeed as well as being able to attend family events. Not only that, but all the people I work with are the best group of people I've ever had the privilege to work with, including management.

Cons

After Sportsman's Warehouse's bankruptcy in 2009 they changed CEO's. This transition is still causing problems at all levels from corporate to the sales floor. I'd like to think of this as growing pains because the stores are and doing much better as they will continue to do.

Advice to Management

Overall I believe you've done everything you can for this company to complete the Chapter 11 recovery. The hardest part now is to stay the course and continue to do what this company is traditionally known for. Our prayers are with you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

I have been working at Sportsman's Warehouse part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots and lots of good things like discount and great management as well as corporate!!! Family oriented.

Cons

People that are posting bad reviews are the people who don't do anything. They claim they are so good at their job but all they do is complain and can't even put items on the right shelves. This company is awesome. They give you time off when you need, they work with school, they understand hard times, they have MORALS. I'm not going to take up for anyone but I will say that the store managers daughter is not as bad as everyone seems to think [since people want to call her out]! These people are simply jealous. She is always there to help EVERY SINGLE PERSON. Since I've worked here, if I need anything she is the first to jump on it! She helps more than a lot of the managers and she does all of that while maintaining her job counting inventory and stays weeks ahead of where she is supposed to be. She does most of the store displays when they are not even her job AND she helps in EVERY department. She is full of smiles and knows her stuff! Do not let haters make you choose against this job, they are simply jealous of the people that are advancing because they choose to do their job. Anyone looking for a job should apply here! Do not listen to the bad reviews. EVERY BODY else loves their job here. There are many people who continually moan and groan about the job BUT they never leave. Funny, huh? They stay here, so it cannot be THAT bad. The amount of sabotage that goes on is bad, all due to jealous little lost souls with nothing better to do. They pay is actually good especially for first time jobs. Managers are amazing! Not one bad person in this store!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people who do nothing but complain and only stay for the discount.

2. short title for review

I worked at Sportsman's Warehouse

Pros

Lots of good people to work with

Cons

Low pay for what you have to deal with.

Advice to Management

Reward those who work hard and not just the favorites.