Sportsman's Warehouse

www.sportsmanswarehouse.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Sportsman's Warehouse

A strict yet friendly family environment that makes me proud to go home feeling like I've helped someone or met someone

Current Employee - Camping Associate
Current Employee - Camping Associate

Pros

They're really flexible with a full school schedule, allowing me to succeed as well as being able to attend family events. Not only that, but all the people I work with are the best group of people I've ever had the privilege to work with, including management.

Cons

After Sportsman's Warehouse's bankruptcy in 2009 they changed CEO's. This transition is still causing problems at all levels from corporate to the sales floor. I'd like to think of this as growing pains because the stores are and doing much better as they will continue to do.

Advice to Management

Overall I believe you've done everything you can for this company to complete the Chapter 11 recovery. The hardest part now is to stay the course and continue to do what this company is traditionally known for. Our prayers are with you.

Other Employee Reviews for Sportsman's Warehouse

This job is whatever you make it.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Sportsman's Warehouse (Less than a year)

Pros

This job can be a good source of a little extra money, good discount, and great coworkers. Really great way to learn more about the outdoor interests you have. Allows employees to develop good people skills that can be very useful later on.

Cons

"It is what it is..." The pay is horrible. The job can become tedious and boring at times. You'll either love this job or hate it. I've seen both. If you get along with people and aren't complaining all the time it will be a much better experience.

Advice to Management

Work with the buyers to get a better inventory of products. A lot of money seems to be wasted on items that don't draw people in. Too much money is lost by not having 'in demand' items.

2. Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID

I have been working at Sportsman's Warehouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are exciting to work with. The company has great opportunity for advancement if you want to have a career in the retail industry.

Cons

In sales there is not very good incentives for selling an excesses amount of products. Individuals would have been more motivated if they had a commission base program that helped employees see their greatest potential.

Advice to Management

Giving your employees more ways to sell more and make more money in the company.