SpotOn
www.spoton.com San Rafael, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Very satisfied sales rep who loves this job!

Accounts Manager (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY

I have been working at SpotOn full-time for less than a year

ProsAmazing product that really helps the small biz owner grow biz when used strategically. No real competitor; low price point. It's a pretty easy sell if you can just get the appointment with the merchant (kind of a no-brainer when most of them see it). Complete control over your own time and 'being your own boss' is great. The people at corporate are always pleasant and accessible (even the owners)... easy to get hold of and always positive and helpful. My personal regional manager is ALWAYS available and excellent w/ training and support. GENEROUS medical coverage (90% of Blue Cross premium covered, excellent coverage).

ConsVery hard work; cannot do 'part time' and expect to succeed. Requires commitment, dedication, passion, patience, and lots of pounding the pavement. Not for people who need a lot of hand holding, but for self starters only. (Lots of the 'complainers' out here evidently fell short, and then blame the company). No car or equipment allowance..yet. Must provide own laptop, but a tablet for demo purposes IS provided to salaried agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the base salary to at least $40-45K if possible to attract people with a solid history of success in sales. Low salary is assuring we always get 'rookies'. Provide some compensation for the many miles of driving agents do per day. Provide more intensive training for reps before sending them out to the field.

Not worth your effort

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at SpotOn full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great concept for a small business that wants to get into a loyalty program. A fairly easy… Cons: Nearly impossible for a small business to use and maintain. Corporate is awful to work for as they continually change what they charge a business… Advice to Senior Management: Learn your product and support your staff. Lead by example… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A product that work, a company to work for

I have been working at SpotOn full-time for more than a year

Pros: The product, the people and the industry (sales) is fun… Cons: The Industry (sales) can chew you up and spit you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SpotOn.

Worked for SpotOn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SpotOn reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SpotOn CEO Zach Hyman. All reviews posted anonymously by SpotOn employees.