Spring Independent School District

www.springisd.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Spring Independent School District

Spring ISD is not the worst school district, but certainly not the best, either.

I have been working at Spring Independent School District

Pros

For me, one of the best reasons to work for Spring ISD is the proximity to my home. There are adequate resources available for students.

Cons

Administration employees need to be more organized and efficient in handling employee matters. Decisions should be made according to quality of work not on who is liked or unliked.

Advice to Management

Administration-be more organized and professional. Principals should stop having a clique-mentality.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great hours

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Spring Independent School District full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The hours we worked were great hours, I also got paid during the summer while we were on vacation. They offered personal time.

Cons

The school district did not offer affordable benefits, and they pay did not grow with the cost of living growing. Also the district had too many budget cuts.

Advice to Management

I would offer the advise to find affordable health benefits for the employees. I would also tell them to find better options for the long term employees during budget cuts.

2. Your experience depends on your school site

I have been working at Spring Independent School District full-time

Pros

Spring is a nice place to work for if you're trying to get your foot in the door at a district. HR really makes an effort to get to know each employee on an individual basis and not by employee number.

Cons

Your experience truly depends on the school that you're at. I just happened to be at one of the lowest-performing schools in the district. High turnover rate, unorganization, low morale. The district is also going through a transitional phase. As a result, curriculum was changed at least 4 times by December.

Advice to Management

Improve the amount and quality of professional development. I was highly disappointed with the professional development. For newer teachers, there needs to be more support on both the district and school level. Some of the professional development offered for the newer teachers included practices that weren't adaptable to the students that we teach.