Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center

Spring Valley House Supervisor

Former Employee - House Supervisor  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - House Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center

Pros

Good location. Lots of good people to work with. Most areas displayed a large amount of teamwork. Pay was satisfactory.

Cons

Senior leadership seemed to be out of touch with the day to day operations of the hospital. They seemed to lack the necessary knowledge of how things worked and refused to listen to those who do. All they cared about were the numbers.

LISTEN!!!! You have middle management but your support of them is shameful. Stop looking at numbers on a page and look at what is actually going on.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Spring Valley Hospital

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center

Pros

People are very friendly from the cleaning and kitchen staff to the nurses and managers to the office and administration. There are lots of educational opportunities, both advanced practice within your field and formal education such as assistance with bachelors to masters programs.

Cons

As with most jobs these days, money is the bottom line and they constantly expect more and more from their employees with less and less to do the job effeciently.

Put yourself in our shoes (for more than one day) and try to do the job you expect us to do with the time and tools we have.

Nurses taking the blame for poor management choices

Current Employee - RN  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - RN in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center

Pros

Hard to realize something for this section.

Cons

The new heart program and the surgeon in charge of it.

Hire more help. Keep ward clerks full time and don't send them home to save money.Abolish tedius computer charting systems that rob nurses of patient treatment time. Limit and control visiting hours and back us up when enforcing them. Have security actually make ROUNDS throught the patient care areas and create and show a presence.

There are newer employer reviews for Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center

Worked for Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!