Springwell

www.springwell.com

Not a perfect job, but good for experience

Pros

I really enjoy the supportive environment here. My coworkers and supervisor are willing to help and figure out ways to get things done. I enjoy being able to get outside and go on home visits, it really helps to break up the day. I also get clinical social work supervision to work towards my license which is nice. Finally, I think the benefits are really good (decent amount of holidays off, three weeks earned time plus your birthday and two floating holidays and lots of sick time - I feel like it's very generous!). Pay isn't great but that's pretty typical for the field.

Cons

Some times the environment can be negative. Lots of case managers do not feel appreciated or like management values their opinions (sometimes management acts like they do but then they don't follow through). Chronically understaffed, leading to more work for everyone else.

Prioritize staff retention.

Other reviews for Springwell

HATE. IT. HERE.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

Thank goodness that there are some decent people here to make you smile sometimes.

Cons

There is a very cliquey culture here which obviously does not make it very welcoming. The people above you walk around like they're queens and most of them don't do anything but pass their work along to us underlings. When they're not doing that, they are micromanaging the crap out of you. This is the worst environment I have ever worked in. The people who get paid the least (which isn't even saying much, because if you aren't management here, you barely make enough to survive), and do the most work, get treated like absolute crap. Just more and more piled on top of you every single day. If you enjoy getting constantly yelled at by elders and their families, this is the perfect job for you. This company is supposed to be about nurturing and helping and just genuinely caring for a segment of our society that is frequently neglected. Well, working here has completely destroyed that sentiment for me. I just do not care anymore. There is no encouragement here whatsoever. This place is basically for your basic entry level b.s job until you find something better. Hence, the high amount of turnover.

Where could I start?

Pay your employees what they actually deserve. These people do so much good hard work for you and your consumers.

Trust your employees. I can't believe I work in a place where the CEO literally walks around looking for trouble like big brother.

Make your employee's feel like they are actually valued and needed.

Bad attitudes to employees from management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Pros

Good place for a recent college graduates with major in social work to earn hands-on experience in elderly services' field.

Cons

Be prepared to suffer from low compensation, extremely heavy work load, micromanagement and completely distrustful supervisory approach, unpleasant daily handling of customers' complaints of low quality of services provided by workers to elderly, angry phone calls from unsatisfied family members of your customer, etc. In addition, do not expect recognition from management for all your “free of pay” after-hours work, or a good word about you when you finally resigned from this hell. Instead, you may suffer from disrespect, hatred and even aggression (hidden or open) from upper management with no obvious reason.

Respect your employees; they are great, professional and hard working people.

There are newer employer reviews for Springwell.

Worked for Springwell? Contribute to the Community!