Springwell

www.springwell.com
  www.springwell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Springwell

Not a perfect job, but good for experience

I have been working at Springwell

Pros

I really enjoy the supportive environment here. My coworkers and supervisor are willing to help and figure out ways to get things done. I enjoy being able to get outside and go on home visits, it really helps to break up the day. I also get clinical social work supervision to work towards my license which is nice. Finally, I think the benefits are really good (decent amount of holidays off, three weeks earned time plus your birthday and two floating holidays and lots of sick time - I feel like it's very generous!). Pay isn't great but that's pretty typical for the field.

Cons

Some times the environment can be negative. Lots of case managers do not feel appreciated or like management values their opinions (sometimes management acts like they do but then they don't follow through). Chronically understaffed, leading to more work for everyone else.

Prioritize staff retention.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Springwell (View Most Recent)

Bad attitudes to employees from management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I worked at Springwell full-time

Pros

Good place for a recent college graduates with major in social work to earn hands-on experience in elderly services' field.

Cons

Be prepared to suffer from low compensation, extremely heavy work load, micromanagement and completely distrustful supervisory approach, unpleasant daily handling of customers' complaints of low quality of services provided by workers to elderly, angry phone calls from unsatisfied family members of your customer, etc. In addition, do not expect recognition from management for all your “free of pay” after-hours work, or a good word about you when you finally resigned from this hell. Instead, you may suffer from disrespect, hatred and even aggression (hidden or open) from upper management with no obvious reason.

Respect your employees; they are great, professional and hard working people.

not a place to be long term but ok for basic experience

Former Employee - Care Advisor
    Former Employee - Care Advisor

I worked at Springwell full-time

Pros

flexible schedule option, good coworkers, good learning experience for those interested in working with seniors. no overtime or after hours on call required.

Cons

home care senior management is stifling, little opportunity for growth. a lot of micromanagement in home care department and little employee trust. caseloads are HIGH with focus on quantity rather than quality.

put more trust in your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Springwell