There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

Sprint, a positive force.

Current Employee - Analyst in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

The teamwork in my current position is what keeps me here. Integrity is also something that my department opperates under. Sprint is a leader in the telecommunications field. It have value to the public with its superior data capabilities and has been a leader in pushing the technology. Currently the push for management to be aware of creating oportunities for life-work balance is a very positive measure. Many people can now telecommute several times a week, which has helped as gas prices soar. The Overland Park area is situated so it is easy to meet with others over coffee at one of the many Java City areas or over lunch at one of the 4 incredible cafeterias available. With over 14,000 people on the campus, we are a small town and you can get across town walking within 10 minutes to make that face to face meeting.

Cons

Fear of Reduction in Force.

Continue to be a positive force. Operate using the initiatives. Be flexible to your employees. Fix for the differences in salaries between men and women? Raises show you believe employee hard work matters.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall a good experience, but there are too many unknowns for comfort.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Sprint

Pros

There are some exciting areas of the company where Sprint is stiving to be innovators and first to market. The Wimax initiative could prove be a very successful gamble. The company has successfully spun off the dated wireline business and should be better positioned to take advantage of new and emergent opportunities in communications.

Cons

The company is continuing to lose subscribers at an alarming rate. The customer attrition has not begun to slow and this is troubling in the near to mid term. There is skepticism lingering post merger and it is widely thought that the integration was unsuccessful on several fronts.

Communicate the plan for course correction and map the overall plan to how each individual contributor can make progress towards this end.

2. Sprint is a nice place to work despite its volatility.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Sprint has great benefits and competitive pay which facilitates a low turnover rate in non-sales positions. There are also excellent training opportunities for all employees to learn what they are interested in so they can move that way in their career.

Cons

It is such a large corporation that there is a lot of bureaucracy, too many levels of management. If you've seen Office Space, you'll understand this quote is like Sprint, "Yes, I got the memo".

Keep it simple. Also, try to act human, if you can.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint