There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

Sprint, a positive force.

Current Employee - Analyst in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

The teamwork in my current position is what keeps me here. Integrity is also something that my department opperates under. Sprint is a leader in the telecommunications field. It have value to the public with its superior data capabilities and has been a leader in pushing the technology. Currently the push for management to be aware of creating oportunities for life-work balance is a very positive measure. Many people can now telecommute several times a week, which has helped as gas prices soar. The Overland Park area is situated so it is easy to meet with others over coffee at one of the many Java City areas or over lunch at one of the 4 incredible cafeterias available. With over 14,000 people on the campus, we are a small town and you can get across town walking within 10 minutes to make that face to face meeting.

Cons

Fear of Reduction in Force.

Advice to Management

Continue to be a positive force. Operate using the initiatives. Be flexible to your employees. Fix for the differences in salaries between men and women? Raises show you believe employee hard work matters.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Sprint is a nice place to work despite its volatility.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Sprint has great benefits and competitive pay which facilitates a low turnover rate in non-sales positions. There are also excellent training opportunities for all employees to learn what they are interested in so they can move that way in their career.

Cons

It is such a large corporation that there is a lot of bureaucracy, too many levels of management. If you've seen Office Space, you'll understand this quote is like Sprint, "Yes, I got the memo".

Advice to Management

Keep it simple. Also, try to act human, if you can.

2. This company needs a huge restructuring, management is absolutely clueless.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

There are some very knowledgeable employees that are willing to work well together and share that knowledge.

Cons

Too much favoritism for the inner circle, those that work the hardest get overlooked, they have different standards as opposed to those that are part of the inner circle.

Advice to Management

Stop changing everything every 2 or 3 months, listen to your employees on how to solve customer problems, they deal with the customer every day and have a pulse on what actually is driving our customers away. Downsizing your workforce every year makes it harder to address network issues, customer issues, and decreases response timeas for getting anything done. Everyone is overstretched. Allow people to take personal responsibility in solving customer problems, stop worrying about quota's and allow people to actually fix a problem the first time.