There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

I love working for Sprint- hard work pays off, I learn skills I can use, and the pay & benefits are fair.

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits including vacation time, fair pay, good training, opportunities for advancement, etc.

Cons

It's an extremely competitive industry so it feels like once you accomplish something, you have to already be diving into your next project- it's a pretty fast pace.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Place to Work

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability for some departments to work from home.
    Work life balance
    People I work with
    Pay for the area I am in is good
    My immediate manager has been great

Cons

Going through a lot of changes and not much room for advancement unless you have IT experience/degree or Sales.
    Senior management not always held accountable
    Some people promoted based on friendship and not merit

All things considered, it was a good experience

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co Workers are great, Hours you work vary but they try to keep you just under 40, Benefits were fantastic, then went to pretty good, free cell phone service, available discounted lines to give away to trusted friends and family, training is very thorough, if you work at a repair center, your time will go by quickly due to the over flow of customers. I really enjoyed showing up to work, most days!

Cons

Competitive pricing at 3rd party dealers, most times we were not able to match, SURVEY CALLS, the emphasis on telling the customer about the call they are likely to get and how to score them is just crazy and not fair. For instance, if YOU wait on a customer that has a problem with a phone, you do some basic triage and determine that it needs to go back to the service area. You create a ticket, tell the customer the approximate wait time, take the phone back to the service area. Later, that same day, your customer returns to get the phone and are told it's broke and we have ordered one for replacement, it usually shows up the next day if ordered before 3, well, it's the weekend and now the phone won't be in till Monday or Tuesday. Your customer is not happy at all. They don't have a backup phone, nor do you have a "loaner" phone to give them. Now, Tuesday comes around they get the new phone and now a survey call about the experience, IT IS YOUR CALL. And all you did is create a ticket, so you are going to get a bad survey. I had an unusual month with only 2 survey calls came in, I probably waited on 500+ people that month, and only got 2 survey calls. 1 was from a new line of service, the other was from a customer who had to wait over an hour to make a payment. I took his payment, lucky me. So my score was 1 call at 100% and the other, well, not so good. So my over all Customer Satisfaction score that month was 50%. Way below standard. I got written up..., for real. So, you will go nuts over the survey calls, you will also go nuts over the constant changes in focus, this month is new lines, this week is accessories, this day is tablets, this week is Customer Satisfaction, They will "focus" you crazy. Your goals for everything is pulled out of some ones head or air, I am not sure which, but in any case, at times they can be just way out of line. And if you don't make your goal, be prepared for a written reprimand. They way Sprint tracks and scores your sales doesn't always give an accurate recap of your actual performance and interactions with customers. You can look really bad on paper and it not actually be the case.

Advice to Management

Stop the survey calls! You want complete customer satisfaction, hire a company to due a survey on how people like to take surveys and you will see that most people don't want your calls. Some people don't answer honestly on purpose, and most that take the survey are NOT SATISFIED and want someone to know it. Most of the associates working for Sprint are fans of the company and want to do a great job. It lowers morale when constant changes are taking place, having to sign new forms, the "CAF" because someone upstairs has decided to change the way your salespeople are paid. There is a lot to be said in the simple phrase, Back to Basics. With honest, straight forward, great customer service, simple sales approaches and employee's that care, the sales and market share will come, ..in abundance! I am still a fan of Sprint, all things considered.