Sprint

www.sprint.com
  www.sprint.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

Quality products, heavy workforce, snobbery is backfiring - good move with Boost Mobile expansion!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lenexa, KS
Former Employee - Project Manager in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Sprint

Pros

A great place to learn the business and the ability to grow if you are willing to put in the time and work required.

Cons

I typically worked 60 to 70 hours a week and was very stressed out.

Listen to your employees! 4 years ago I asked my boss why we weren't teaching people how to use these phones with all the bells and whistles, he said because it wasn't necessary. Yes it was. Mr. Hesse must have heard someone say the same thing since I saw him pitching that idea in a recent commercial.

2388 Other Employee Reviews for Sprint (View Most Recent)

A future for most

Current Employee - Technical Support Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Support Technician in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Been here a long time and seen many changes. Some good...some not so good. We are in a difficult storm currently but so is the rest of the country. We have a positive attitude and if we can survive the difficulties we face today then tomorrow we will be a stronger, more competitive company.

Cons

Because of the reductions in workforce there are going to be few new opportunities in the immediate future and a greater workload will need to be absorbed by fewer people.

Remember that our people have devoted years of their life as well as committed their family (and friends) to the wellbeing of our company. Bear with our tears as we must part with colleagues affected by the reductions and give us hope for a brighter future.

Good place to build skill set, better compensation taking those skills elsewhere.

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Sprint

Pros

It was a good place to learn some networking - personal and technical support - skills there. They are cutting back so many benefits plus have froze pay raises over the past few years. There is no rewarding reason or motive to stay there. There have been let go alot of good and experienced network personnel, but keep around incompetent management in an individual contributor role that has no idea about the job they are being placed in. It happened in alot of depts around there, not only mine. It was a major relief to be out of there, best thing that happen to me in my career, even in times like these.

Cons

LAYOFFS ARE CONSTANTLY LOOMING THERE EVEN IN BETTER ECONOMIC TIMES!

Buck the good ole boy system and keep management and personnel based on experience, qualifications, and certifications, not who you are buddy buddy with. I have seen that happen way too much around there in my relative long period of time I was there.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint