Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Progressive technology coupled with NV, and handset options that stack up with competitive wireless carriers - make this a dynamic work enviroment so never a dull moment.

Cons

Compensation does not relate directly to core strategy so that can be a frustration reconciling the logic behind the sales direction and corresponding incentive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. Very negative environment

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

vacation time is generous if you work there longer than 5 years ( 2 days per month)

Cons

the VP's of the retention department set policy that is harmful to employees and set up customers and employees for failure. Non realistic goal setting by management

Advice to Management

Wake up- your plans are detrimental and the groups that are succeeding at reaching the goals do so by cheating your system .

2. Found a better company to work for.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free cell phone service, not much else

Cons

Low pay, non-existent raises , low company morale, no team builders, shady business practices, no recognition for high performance, very little room for advancement

Advice to Management

Desperation is a stinky cologne and Sprint customers can smell it. After each and every interaction Sprint reps have with customers, they are tought to beg for "very satisfied" for a survey they are soon to receive and is a constant reminder to the customer why Sprint will never meet their wireless needs and switch to larger and faster network like Verizon Wireless or even AT&T. The only reason a customer would leave a "Very Satisfy" is because they pity the Sprint Rep who's pay check relies on the survey because when the customer choose anything other than "Very Satisfied" it effects up to $440 of the reps paycheck. A common reason a Sprint customer will come into a Sprint store angry and leave angry is because there is nobody at the Sprint retail Store staff that can do anything about Sprint's crappy network. Now imagine the angry Sprint customers coming in by the ten's, hundred's, and thousands over a period of time and each and every customer's account you pull up will get this survey and no matter what they come in for, even a network issue a sprint rep has no control over, gets a bad survey that will and is going to effect the rep's paycheck is just enough to drive a sane man to crazy. I'm glad I do not work for this company anymore or met the people who choose to run the company this way. I'm also glad to say I will never do business with Sprint and always choose either one of their competitors.  How can the people who run Sprint this way expect to keep their best workforce around? There are many people, including myself, who were good at their jobs and found better jobs where you did not have to put up with these business practices. I hope these words do not fall on deaf ears.