Sprint

www.sprint.com

Love the company, hate the structure of the position

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC

Pros

Sprint is in my opinion the best cell phone company out there. Cheapest plan, and 2nd best coverage. They strive on simplicity for their clientele which in turn takes a load off your shoulders. Some providers really are complex. They have so many details and constant change in plans which can be so frustrating for customers and employess. sprint is not like that.

Cons

They focus on customer satisfaction scores the wrong way. You get a huge commission if your STORE as a TEAM reaches a certain percentage to goal. I believe you should recieve your commission on your work and your work alone. I dont want to lose $330 because my team members brought the score down with their unsatisfied scores, and my VERY satisfied scores. Also, the location I was at did not take into consideration to outside factors. Our payment machine was always broken. Hadn't been replaced in years. Frustrated customers =bad CSAT(customer satisfaction). Understaffed which led to frustrated customers that were waiting for extended periods of time. BAD CSAT. They took the technicians out of our store and the closest was 20 min away. Having to tell an already frustrated customer that they have to drive to a different location after waiting for 30 min is bad business. BAD CSAT. They took the chairs away from the customers. The district manager did not believe in the sales associates sitting down ( even though the stations were made for desks. Without, led to a very uncomfortable work day) However, the even took away the chairs on the OUTSIDE of our stations for the customers to sit down at. Anyone that came into our store was used to the wait (due to being understaffed), so then expecting them to stand through a long cell phone sale/activation, when most of the time just got off work, and just want to relax, was absolutely insane. If somone disable came in, we would have to scrounge up a chair from waiting area usually (if they were available) and they would be seated at an awkwardly low level, while I towered over them in my high rise desk and could barely see the top of there head. Never make a customer feel uncomfortable. BAD CSAT. Sore legs. BAD CSAT. Or just your every day run of the mill folks that hate Sprint, so they judge YOU on the things you cant control. BAD CSAT. But hey, that's just one day in the life of a sales associate at sprint. You choose your poison.

Don't take a management position ecpecting to advance in the corporate world. It wont happen. They are all blankety blanks that didnt WORK their way up the corporate ladder...they fell into the position with no experience.

Other reviews for Sprint

If your ETHICAL, you will not fit in.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

great health benefits, pto accural rate, free phone service and no contract/discounts for 20 members of friends and family.

Cons

not a lot of room for promotion, local management looks the other way regarding unethical sales tactics from staff. Customer is not priority, bottom line is according to local management

upper management should try to change the used car salesman mentality. competition is fierce. csat surveys are not enough. get to the front lines and take a good look why this company is not profitable. (false churn, managers not working full weeks, DM's working minimal in field etc...)

Company that is rebounding back and can Take Giants by Surprise

Current Employee - SME/Retention  in  Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - SME/Retention in Hampton, VA

Pros

health plan, 401k match, Managers that know how to help you grow.

Cons

not a lot of room for moving up. most move are not to go up the ladder but to gain experience for future roll. if you miss the chance you may not get another for 1yr+ due to budget miss used.

create a program where a rep who achieves and surpasses goal and has a few years tenure can apply knowledge to others at there level every day without impact to ones income. . . too many reps with integrity and massive knowledge are leaving. "very hard to find people who really care about both customer and company, Even harder finding someone who can connect to both once they leave"

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!