Sprint

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

Binge and Purge Society

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some very good staff, a lovely corporate campus, the potential to offer great services and excellent products.

Cons

Constant hiring of people just to pad for the next firing spree, the campus is in decline because of the staff hemorrhaging, incompatibilities between Sprint & Nextel post merger have rendered products confusing and needless complex, spinning off Embarq removed one of the biggest revenue streams and the most tenured and knowledgeable employees in a self inflicted brain drain.

Build solid teams of competent people who know you intend to keep them and use them instead of fostering an unending environment of '"how long until it's me that's cut".

2535 Other Employee Reviews for Sprint (View Most Recent)

Great place for full-time employees; contractors are treated like second-class citizens.

Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Contract Specialist in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Beautiful campus.

The main cafeteria, the Euro Cafe, has a great selection of foods at decent prices.

Lots of businesses have on-campus locations: Walgreens, banks, and even a hair salon.

There is no official work from home policy, so managers are allowed to use it/not use it at their discretion. My manager was okay with it as long as you didn't abuse it and got your work done.

Cons

I was recruited to come in as a contractor with the promise that a full-time job was going to be created for me by the end of 2012. Turns out Sprint is another company that strings along contractors with promises of full-time jobs but never intends to fulfill those promises. I was released from my contract after 8 months and dozens of promises that my full-time job was going to be posted soon.

There is no culture at Sprint because of how conservative everyone is. No one wants to talk about anything other than their kids, the weather, or their weekend plans. You'd think that with 14,000 people on this campus that it'd be easier to make friends, but no one is interested in actually getting to know you. They come to work, do their jobs, then go home.

Don't string along contractors with the promise of full-time jobs. If you never have the intent to hire on a contractor, don't make that part of the recruiting process.

Employee friendly company, high expectations but with care for employee well being.

Current Employee - Business Markets Group in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Business Markets Group in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good company, good people, good benefits, good environment

Cons

A little behind in the market, but will change within a year.

Build momentum with more and better advertising, continue to reduce redundancies, eliminate non- productive overlaping activities, reduce process complexity.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint