There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

High stress environment, not enough compensation

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Yonkers, NY
Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being involved in the telecom industry.

Cons

The pay was about on par for an entry level employee, but as I already have several years experience, it was too low

Advice to Management

Streamline the message to the customer base, so that employees wouldn't have to explain to 70 customers in one day why their batteries run down so quickly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Well it started out good......

Former Employee - Advance Technical Support in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Advance Technical Support in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Team leaders are very helpful and treat the agents great. Scheduling preference is given to those who have earned it and not just with seniority.

Cons

They could never figure out how they wanted to grade our performance. One day it was quality, the next it was Stats, and then it was customer satisfaction call backs. It changed almost daily we never knew what we were going to be graded on for which day. The upper management was beyond disrespectful. I had one come to me at my station to remind me that I was easily replaceable. Too much emphasis was put into customer satisfaction call backs. Most customers didn't even really remember who they talked to especially if it was multiple agents. I was written up because a customer failed me miserably on a call, she spent the entire call talking about a previous agent, but said that I was wonderful and was the reason that she wasn't switching companies, but I still failed and got the write up. Had to ask customers that if they got a customer satisfaction call to rate me 10. Yes we had to beg for high scores and when every agent says that how do they know who they are grading?

Advice to Management

Be more respectful of the agents. If you don't want to get on the phones and handle the stress don't disrespect the people that do. Agents may be replaceable but good ones are hard to find. Find a grading method and stick to it. Allow more advancement and movement within the company.

2. Never ending grind

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Sprint, you and your coworkers really do become like family. There was always something going on, and it brought us closer. Its also a great place to work if you are a people person.

Cons

It was always a grind to get to your sales goals, and then start all over again the next month. Each and every month, you had to work harder and harder to make your quota

Advice to Management

Look more at the loyalty of your employees, and stop taking away all the perks from the people that make your company run.