There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

15+ years in a broad range of Sprint businesses in management and exec management.

Current Employee - Director in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Director in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Empowerment. Scope of responsibility is typically as broad as one is willing to manage. The work pace is fast and stimulating (in certain departments). Strong support/accommodation of employees' interests at work and at home.

Cons

Years of marginal financial performance, failed Nextel merger, and constrained spending has put the company in a position of relative weakness when considering bold moves.

Advice to Management

Invest in a winning network.

reviews filtered by
  1. Was good while it lasted, but career opportunities scarce.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for easy work.

Cons

Double standards with management. Ethics skewed do to pressure to reach goals, meaning as a rep I knew fraud was taking place, reported it and was frowned on and was told to just sell the phones. The numbers took precedence in short term, yet next month when those phones cancelled I paid the price. Did not get any sense that I had a chance to move up, although I was given more a more responsibility doing manager work with no compensation.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat, redesign metrics so accountability is truly measured. Current systems can be gamed.

2. Sprint

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Sprint as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment. Work culture between is great with a good sense of understanding between people. Will recommend anyone to work in this department.

Cons

So far little cons observed but might be a little more things need fixing. With the drive of management things will come very sooner than expected.