There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

The NEW Sprint Nextel, Now is the time.

Current Employee - Retail Consultant in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Retail Consultant in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Sprint has just been overhauled by our senior management team, leading the industry into a new aproach towards wireless service. Sprint owns the fastest and most reliable data network in the US. As a front line employee, you have the tools to provide outstanding customer satisfaction and generate aditional income for yourself.

Cons

As with any retail environment, you must be prepared for all kinds of customers, some will present challenges that cannot be met and could not be met by any compettitor.

Advice to Management

The changes brought on during 2008 have paved the way for growth and development, keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprint

1. Oh Boy! Budget Cuts? We are going to be out of a JOB FAST!

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Buffalo, NY

Pros

The big name. Sprint is a very big brand name in the world.

Cons

Very poor management. The senior managers think they are mavericks and can do everything they want. Very rarely they treat the employees fairly. The favoritism and picking their best friends for all the lead projects happens all the time. They always pay more to their friends and give raises and merit increases. They look at you and lie to your face.

Advice to Management

What is wrong with you people? Don't you know how to treat people with respect and dignity? How can you call yourself corporate professionals?

Desperation Central

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Denver, CO

Pros

The benefits are good, and they're still paying bonuses which almost no one does anymore. Some areas allow telecommuting. Individual bosses can be quite good, and mine in particular has bent over backwards to assist me in the past. When gas started becoming a problem, our group met and developed a work from home policy which helped folks save quite a bit of money each month. The boss backed it by specifically refering to the fact none of us got a raise this year. Oh, the company phone plan is pretty cool - essentially unlimited service for maybe 4 bucks in fees.

Cons

Lack of direction, lack of vision, too much bovine waste, too much jumping through hoops. Far, far too much running around frantically doing anything so they can proudly announce they're doing something. Out of touch with customers, out of touch with employees. The bureaucracy will take you to your knees and then they'll beat you senseless. Rigidity to doing anything new or different -- despite going on and on about how innovative, new, different they are. Endless meetings. There are even meetings about meetings, and meetings set up to discuss a meeting you were just at, or might be going to.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want your business to be. Clearly communicate it, develop a plan. Stop innundating us with meaningless emails telling us how great we are when we all know we'll be laid off in the next few months, our stock is in the tank, and we didn't get a raise. Stop using corporate weenie-speak catchphrases and stick to simple English -it's worked for hundreds of years.