Sprint

www.sprint.com

2039 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Frustrating at the start but progressively improved.

Retail Consultant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork experience helped me pursue other types of employment. I was taught the enormous value of customer service. There was a real feeling of team work and cooperation instilled in the retail environment. Sprint would bring in representatives from device manufactures and give hands on training to the staff. Working there had it's ups and downs but it taught me the value of hiring good people and how to be resourceful.

Sprint is good a hiring people on personality and not just based on a resume. They will give you a chance where someone like Verizon won't. The company promotes camaraderie between same store and separate location employees. The group training sessions are fun and allow to networking between employees. The pay was a bit on the low side compared to other providers but allowed certain individuals with good personal skills to excel through the retail commission structure.

ConsI was hired during the thick of the merger with Nextel. The company was shedding clients at an alarming rate and the company faced a customer service fiasco. They fired 25% of middle management before Thanksgiving and eliminated an entire position at a meeting right before Valentine's. Since that low point the company normalized and began to become more creative. The workload at the beginning was much lighter but the customer satisfaction was higher after customer service became a priority.

While I was working there they continuously changed my role and compensation structure, at one point at a monthly pace. The company had many ideas they put in place that seemed as if they threw at a wall and saw what stuck only to try a different direction shortly afterward. I think that this was due the consequences of the mismanaged merger and things did get better. My commission took a hit under the new compensation plans but I enjoyed working for Sprint much more once the company prioritized customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetail employees are the face of the company, please make sure that their roles are customer centered and any new duties should not distract from that. Consistency helps with employee satisfaction.

Fast growing communications company!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Hopkins, MN

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great growth opportunity. Flexible, Free service, health benefits Cons: The company is building it's network so there are frustrations… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management is aware of the frustration and has been… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Experience

Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good place to start in the cellular field. I worked with great people across the board and I never felt like… Cons: Same as any corporation I have worked for. The corporate Top Brass is disconnected from what really… Advice to Senior Management: Make it possible for managers to hire the people they want as opposed to only those that can pass the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sprint.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!