Very Rewarding

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Perfect life and work balance

Cons

A slightly higher level of bureaucracy

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Constant changes to staff

Former Contractor - Property Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Contractor - Property Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Sprint as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

average pay, flexible work arrangement

Cons

No opportunity to move ahead. Constant changes in org structure

Advice to Management

give more decision making power to employees in the field

2. Sprint is a good place to get experience and a start to see what you want for a career.

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You can manage your own paycheck, it's nationwide so you can transfer to other states, 401k, tuition reimbursment, profit sharing, and good health benefits. I have worked for this company off and on for 10 yrs and they always rehiring me back so that was a big plus.

Cons

This is the sole reason why I left the company and have promised never to go back. The rollercoaster hours will take a toll on you physically and mentally! You are required to attend every Friday morning meeting at 7am even if you have an evening shift, which means you lose valuable sleep to perform your duties effectively and you are wasting gas to travel back and forth from your home to the job four times in one day. You also have to attend a monthly Townhall meeting at 7am that is usually scheduled very far from your own store or home. Here is the kicker and the reason I quit. You must attend these meetings even if you are scheduled off that day! Your day off is supposed to be your day off and is unethical to me. You cannot really take a vacation outside of the state and it interrupts you from things you have scheduled on your day off.

Advice to Management

Stop with the favoritism, your decisions should be made on an employees performances and qualifications and not personality contests. Stop basing decisions based on your own emotions and base them on the needs of the company. Stop threatening and harrassing valuable employees by hanging their jobs over their heads, even with top leading employees doing a good job with the most common saying they love to use, which is, "You better do this or else we can find somebody willing to take your job and do it for less pay". Stop promising promotions to people that you have no intentions on keeping that promise with.