www.sprint.com
  www.sprint.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

Very Rewarding

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Perfect life and work balance

Cons

A slightly higher level of bureaucracy

2443 Other Employee Reviews for Sprint (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None after purchase of Nextel

Cons

Working for Nextel prior to merger, it was poorly executed, and management is not forward thing or innovative. Employee moral lowest I have ever seen.

A CEO like the T-Mobile's would be a good hire. The current management has done the best they can do under the circumstances, but they are forever in a stagnant growth and cost cutting mode. A whole mindset shift is needed.

Frustrating at the start but progressively improved.

Former Employee - Retail Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work experience helped me pursue other types of employment. I was taught the enormous value of customer service. There was a real feeling of team work and cooperation instilled in the retail environment. Sprint would bring in representatives from device manufactures and give hands on training to the staff. Working there had it's ups and downs but it taught me the value of hiring good people and how to be resourceful.

Sprint is good a hiring people on personality and not just based on a resume. They will give you a chance where someone like Verizon won't. The company promotes camaraderie between same store and separate location employees. The group training sessions are fun and allow to networking between employees. The pay was a bit on the low side compared to other providers but allowed certain individuals with good personal skills to excel through the retail commission structure.

Cons

I was hired during the thick of the merger with Nextel. The company was shedding clients at an alarming rate and the company faced a customer service fiasco. They fired 25% of middle management before Thanksgiving and eliminated an entire position at a meeting right before Valentine's. Since that low point the company normalized and began to become more creative. The workload at the beginning was much lighter but the customer satisfaction was higher after customer service became a priority.

While I was working there they continuously changed my role and compensation structure, at one point at a monthly pace. The company had many ideas they put in place that seemed as if they threw at a wall and saw what stuck only to try a different direction shortly afterward. I think that this was due the consequences of the mismanaged merger and things did get better. My commission took a hit under the new compensation plans but I enjoyed working for Sprint much more once the company prioritized customer service.

Retail employees are the face of the company, please make sure that their roles are customer centered and any new duties should not distract from that. Consistency helps with employee satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint