Very Rewarding

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Perfect life and work balance

Cons

A slightly higher level of bureaucracy

Other Reviews for Sprint

Good pay, sometimes fun, lots of times stressful

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, benefits, stock and 401k options
    Always something to do, constantly changing
    Great employee phone plan for friends and family
    Front lines on current wireless technology with good opportunity to try it out

Cons

Stress, stress, stress
    Very high pressure to sell
    Little to no support or respect from upper management
    Customers can be incredibly aggressive and very emotional about their phones
    Sprint always seems to be behind the competition and little to no improvement to network quality

Take the words corrective action out of vocabulary and focus on supporting the store staff and improving the network.

Frustrating at the start but progressively improved.

Former Employee - Retail Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work experience helped me pursue other types of employment. I was taught the enormous value of customer service. There was a real feeling of team work and cooperation instilled in the retail environment. Sprint would bring in representatives from device manufactures and give hands on training to the staff. Working there had it's ups and downs but it taught me the value of hiring good people and how to be resourceful.

Sprint is good a hiring people on personality and not just based on a resume. They will give you a chance where someone like Verizon won't. The company promotes camaraderie between same store and separate location employees. The group training sessions are fun and allow to networking between employees. The pay was a bit on the low side compared to other providers but allowed certain individuals with good personal skills to excel through the retail commission structure.

Cons

I was hired during the thick of the merger with Nextel. The company was shedding clients at an alarming rate and the company faced a customer service fiasco. They fired 25% of middle management before Thanksgiving and eliminated an entire position at a meeting right before Valentine's. Since that low point the company normalized and began to become more creative. The workload at the beginning was much lighter but the customer satisfaction was higher after customer service became a priority.

While I was working there they continuously changed my role and compensation structure, at one point at a monthly pace. The company had many ideas they put in place that seemed as if they threw at a wall and saw what stuck only to try a different direction shortly afterward. I think that this was due the consequences of the mismanaged merger and things did get better. My commission took a hit under the new compensation plans but I enjoyed working for Sprint much more once the company prioritized customer service.

Retail employees are the face of the company, please make sure that their roles are customer centered and any new duties should not distract from that. Consistency helps with employee satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!