There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

An outstanding 17 year experience.

Current Employee - Director Corp Center in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Director Corp Center in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to work in different areas. Like working for multiple companies without having to change companies.

Cons

When they did away with the pension, they started feeling like any other company. After the merger with Nextel, Sprint started losing what made it such a great place to work (it's swagger). Through all my years there we focused on the network, then the from 2004/5 to 2007 the shift went to focusing on minutes for PCS. The sales teams no longer had to know as much about the network as they did Apps, and cellular devices. Think about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

2280 Other Employee Reviews for Sprint (View Most Recent)

Great career path company and good work ethics.

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A good place to make a career portfolio.

Cons

Promotions are there, but too few opportunities for growth as there is some mid-level stagnation.

Gave me a great technology education while providing competitive marketplace compensation and benefits.

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

They have a wonderful benefit program and are very focused on their employees health. Also promotes a team environment.

Cons

If you are in sales, as with all sales positions it can be a high pressure job. If you do not live near headquarters or a multi store area, there are not a lot of options for advancement, but this is also good because a lot of employees stay with the company for a while.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint