There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

An outstanding 17 year experience.

Current Employee - Director Corp Center in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Director Corp Center in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to work in different areas. Like working for multiple companies without having to change companies.

Cons

When they did away with the pension, they started feeling like any other company. After the merger with Nextel, Sprint started losing what made it such a great place to work (it's swagger). Through all my years there we focused on the network, then the from 2004/5 to 2007 the shift went to focusing on minutes for PCS. The sales teams no longer had to know as much about the network as they did Apps, and cellular devices. Think about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Store Manager in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the continuing training and providing the tool and support for perform your job.

Cons

Dealing with some of the upper management - too much favoritism. The good hard working employees are not able to succeed and get promoted.

Advice to Management

Look at who is doing the right thing for the company not only the ones that are trying to be your friend so they get promoted. Look at some of the social network sites and see what actually this "promoted" employees are saying and thinking about the company.

2. Great benefits, poor upper management, poor network causing issues

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- health benefits - free phone - education assistance - 401k - love the immediate people I work with - paid time off, holidays, sick time

Cons

- Poor upper management - focuses change every week - poor cross channel communication - management do not understand the difficulties of dealing with customer facing complaints - management don't care about work life balance

Advice to Management

Network improvements are a must. Make up your mind with changes and stick with it. I understand the "please excuse the dust" excuse but I've been with the company for over ten years. Even I'm tired of the excuses, imagine the customers. Honestly, stop wasting money on endorsements and silly commercials on a network of the future and utilize it to ACTUALLY improve the network. You know how Sprint is quick to respond to customers issues on social media? Why are they not quick to respond to employee suggestions?