There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

A company that greatly undervalues their employees

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay. Nice benefits.

Cons

Constant changes in commission compensation structure throughout the year each of which are formulated to put less money in your pocket. Selective policy adherence. It is very apparent that there is a disconnect between what is happening on sales floors and upper management (i.e. DM and above)

2144 Other Employee Reviews for Sprint (View Most Recent)

Had So Much Potential

Former Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sprint part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GREAT pay, benefits, and extras. Depending on your SM the culture is great and they will work on you with schedules. Paid training which was actually pretty fun (even better that I was hired part time and got full time hours for 2 weeks to train).

Cons

The revolving door of SMs means that the boss that you loved isn't always going to be there and they will pretty much set the tone for morale of the store.

If you have an SM that's doing well in a store, especially with new hires, LEAVE THEM THERE.

Retail Consultant - It's the job that you know can be great but it would rather take a dump in your cheerios

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benifits, good job and pay for a freshman college student, mainly because you do NOTHING ALL DAY. Management is on point (when retail is jumping ship from cut commission and 3x as much work, you gotta do something to stay off the choping block). Way less customers now that they took tech support from most of the stores, so i guess less complaints about poor network makes for an easy day. Oh yea, most of the team has one foot out the door, and if they stick to their "hire anyone we can pay less and over work" process you'll meet your quota in no time! You learn a lot. You really do. If it wasnt for the junk pay structure and the cold calling to small businesses for hours to pass the time just to get more scrutiny than what your boss and bosses boss give you every hour, you become well educated in technology. It's a great jump-start into IT. Sprint was good. I know its hard to beleieve but at one point they truely cared about their employees. They we're an underdog on the rise until the buyout. You believed in them and the team stuck together. Now folks just take bets on who's leaving next. I hear theres top dollar for guessing when the District Manager tosses in the towel.

Cons

It's Sprint. Come on. Seriously the management is too busy to pay attention to you because they're too overwelmed also. You not going to get the attention you need. Thats key to any business internally. The rest would fall into place. NO CUSTOMERS. Slow store means slow pay. Way too much work for what you get. I doubt a 300 commission check is gonna cut it for most people in sales. I dont hate Sprint. They will be great one day. I just hate what they did.

Care. Period. When the big people lead by example and take accountability, you get more out of your employees besides sitting on glassdoor all day looking for a company that gives a darn.

Advise to potential employees: go into a store first. You'll be able to cut the desperation with a knife.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!