There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

Great Culture, Horrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits
Employee Wireless Device
Excellent PTO Policy
Upward
Employee
Tuition Reimbursement
Excellent Employees
Good Life to Work Ratio

The culture of the company is great and the people you work with WILL become one of your greatest fans, allies, and possibly friends. They are supportive of all people, their lifestyles, and orientation. I enjoyed meeting with different people from the homeless man to the VP of Marketing at companies.

Cons

Ongoing Network Issues
Upper Management Changes/Attitudes
Lack of Marketing

Sprint has had entirely too many ongoing issues with the network and yet they continue to boast that they are the best value in wireless. This would be affable and true if they could fix these constant data issues with their network. The merger with Softbank has helped to show some positive changes both internally and externally. The company, however, expects workers to to promote the product on their own but doesn't really give the best tools available. If you plan to work here, don't think that you will be standing around in the store waiting for customers to come in. They will make you go out and market the company to neighboring businesses and also flyer vehicles if legal in your area.

Understand that the most important aspect is not only your customer but the people selling/consulting the customer. If we don't feel you have our back and you see us as just an increase/decrease in your bonus then problems will arise and people (like myself) will leave. In my 3.5 years with the company there has been restructuring (layoffts) and many changes but it seems now that all the managers (District and above) are Stepford Wives/Husbands now. They don't care about the value of the associate, they only care about the value of the product and how your sales reflect this. This is a tough industry to be in and it can be cut throat in places where the market is saturated and customers are limited BUT still know that if you trust and believe in your employees, they will most definitely work to please you and remain loyal by exceeding expectations.

2280 Other Employee Reviews for Sprint (View Most Recent)

Sprint

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, comparable pay, and you feel like you are contributing to the company success. There is opportunity for advancement if you are willing to stay focused.

Cons

Some of the individual contributor promotion opportunities are best obtained in the corporate head quarters in KS.

Continue to maximize remote work opportunities for high value contributors in order to retain talent even outside of KS.

Great Company

Former Employee - Technical Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great opportunities-- work balance was ok- they provide a lot of vacation time

Cons

Management did not listen to employees or take into consideration life altering changes when given less than a week to change schedule-

leadership in upper management in really an area of opportunity for this company-

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint