Great Culture, Horrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits Employee Wireless Device Excellent PTO Policy Upward Employee Tuition Reimbursement Excellent Employees Good Life to Work Ratio The culture of the company is great and the people you work with WILL become one of your greatest fans, allies, and possibly friends. They are supportive of all people, their lifestyles, and orientation. I enjoyed meeting with different people from the homeless man to the VP of Marketing at companies.

Cons

Ongoing Network Issues Upper Management Changes/Attitudes Lack of Marketing Sprint has had entirely too many ongoing issues with the network and yet they continue to boast that they are the best value in wireless. This would be affable and true if they could fix these constant data issues with their network. The merger with Softbank has helped to show some positive changes both internally and externally. The company, however, expects workers to to promote the product on their own but doesn't really give the best tools available. If you plan to work here, don't think that you will be standing around in the store waiting for customers to come in. They will make you go out and market the company to neighboring businesses and also flyer vehicles if legal in your area.

Advice to Management

Understand that the most important aspect is not only your customer but the people selling/consulting the customer. If we don't feel you have our back and you see us as just an increase/decrease in your bonus then problems will arise and people (like myself) will leave. In my 3.5 years with the company there has been restructuring (layoffts) and many changes but it seems now that all the managers (District and above) are Stepford Wives/Husbands now. They don't care about the value of the associate, they only care about the value of the product and how your sales reflect this. This is a tough industry to be in and it can be cut throat in places where the market is saturated and customers are limited BUT still know that if you trust and believe in your employees, they will most definitely work to please you and remain loyal by exceeding expectations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Rigid Managment

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Paid time off allowance, Non medical benefits are competitive

Cons

Salary, Rigid Policies, just a number on payroll.

2. Ok When I Started, But Went Downhill From There.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Salem, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Salem, WI

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent starting wage, good co-workers.

Cons

Job description changes without notice (from customer service to sales), some supervisors make it known that the only thing that matters is their salary and bonus and will therefore micromanage. No room to move up unless you are friends with the right people. Lots of non work related drama, and a rumor mill.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cliquey, and stop micromanaging and humiliating the people that are supposed to be on your "team". Stop allowing personal drama to be brought into the office.