Sprint

www.sprint.com
  www.sprint.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sprint

Potential to be a great company

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pros:
- Nice benefits
- Pay is fair, but do not expect funds for continual raises
- Work-life balance
- Technology environment

Cons

Cons:
- Growth potential extremely limited outside of HQ, with vision at top in flux due to turnover.
- Weak direction, execution, and talent management at middle management level
- Limited support and recognition of talent with very limited training sponsorship
- Infested with people who routinely just can't hold a conversation about anything except the way they've always done things.
- Champagne taste on a beer budget

Consider closer evaluation cycles of middle management or under performing employees, instead of just waiting for lay-offs when it is too late. Complacency is a workplace killer. There should be more discipline of under performing employees keeping seats warm and more opportunity and recognition for dedicated employees with talent to drive change, instead of just avoiding the "paper work", conflict, or protecting FTE turf. Too many middleman PM types just communicating a message or filtering and not enough talented doers who can do more with less solving difficult and challenging problems. For example, bring in, retain, reward talented and educated employees, such as MBAs/MS, who can outperform a whole team of 12 or 15 who have meetings for the sake of meetings to fill their outlook calendars to provide the appearance of work or busy for the past 10-15 years without contributing true value.

2450 Other Employee Reviews for Sprint (View Most Recent)

Very good....while it lasted!

Former Employee - Tax Analyst II in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst II in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was fortunate to work with a great and caring group of individuals. They were there to teach and support you at every turn. I still feel that Sprint is a good company, even with the recent turnover. Sprint is, and have been very good for Kansas City. The flex schedule they have was great, allowing for time off to take care of personal business.

Cons

Unsure of how long you will be working with the layoff history of the company. Compensation was lower than public accounting firms and there was very little room for growth with the company which resulted in the loss of some very key individuals.

Offer employees more compensation in order to keep them around longer. Look for better ways, and offer other positions to retain employees, rather than laying them off. With 13+ years, and being a few years from retirement, I would have taken a different job with Sprint if one was offered!

Great benefits, poor upper management, poor network causing issues

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- health benefits
    - free phone
    - education assistance
    - 401k
    - love the immediate people I work with
    - paid time off, holidays, sick time

Cons

- Poor upper management
    - focuses change every week
    - poor cross channel communication
    - management do not understand the difficulties of dealing with customer facing complaints
    - management don't care about work life balance

Network improvements are a must. Make up your mind with changes and stick with it. I understand the "please excuse the dust" excuse but I've been with the company for over ten years. Even I'm tired of the excuses, imagine the customers. Honestly, stop wasting money on endorsements and silly commercials on a network of the future and utilize it to ACTUALLY improve the network. You know how Sprint is quick to respond to customers issues on social media? Why are they not quick to respond to employee suggestions?

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint