Overall a good place to work if you can handle constant change, bureaucracy, and unstable employment.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Norcross, GA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Sprint Nextel is very flexible. There is a lots of telecommuting. They also offer an excellent employee phone program. It is a pretty structured and organized company. There are many resources to find information. They finally have a competent and smart CEO in Dan Hesse.

Cons

The company culture is extremely bureaucratic; to the point that it is hard to execute at times. Executive leadership is sometimes too detached to understand big problems, identify solutions and execute fast and seamlessly. Delegation is the motto at Sprint. Lastly, employment is very unstable. Workforce reductions are common at Sprint Nextel, regardless of economic conditions.

Remove some of the bureaucracy from top down so the company can execute; simplify processes for customers, business partners and employees; do something with the IDEN customer NOW before the remainder of them deflect to other carriers.

Other Reviews for Sprint

S-U-C-K-S

Former Employee - Credit Analyst II  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst II in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Awesome benefits (medical, dental life). The bonus system is okay. The amount of time accrued off per month is okay.

Cons

They could care less about you and your personal life. No matter if you have a Dr excuse, pregnant dying or whatever, if you don't have any "points" you are out the door...considering they have not given any rises in 3+ years they should be glad someone will work there.

Learn your job and quit passing off everything to everyone else. How about the Managers learn the system and procedures so they can HELP OUT!

Wireless Company with great products and even greater potential but poor vision and even worse management.

Current Employee - General Business Sales  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - General Business Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Sprint has a variety of great products and is an industry leader in many categories within the wireless industry. We are the premier wireless carrier for small and medium businesses with a strong history of providing solutions for construction, field services and companies in the "blue collar" industries.

Cons

Despite our market leadership and clear cut advantage in the business space, management instructs us to pursue consumer business along with pushing us to win business by coming in with the lowest bid instead of bringing the most value to the table and partnering with their business for the long term. There are a variety of value added services that we provides and partners that work with us but management likes to point the finger at them as the reason that many of my peers don't make quota instead of their amateurish management practices. There does appear to be a level of favoritism by management where sales people that have historically performed at similar levels and one ends up getting promoted and the other gets fired.

Senior management for the Sprint Dallas business team has good intentions but is surrounded by a herd of the proverbial "Yes Men" that are more concerned with keeping their jobs and stroke management's ego in order to distract them and avoid any attention being brought to their own incompetence.

Wake up Superman!

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!