Sprint
3.2 of 5 1,731 reviews
www.sprint.com Overland Park, KS 5000+ Employees

Lifestyle aspects of Sprint are good. Job and career trajectory is flat.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sprint

ProsMy relationship with my manager is excellent, and many others (with different managers) tell me the same. The job allows a lot of flexibility of schedule and overall autonomy. The move to new technologies may open some new positions and opportunities, although so far it has been limited in both number and geography.

ConsThere have not been many opportunities for advancement in years. Sprint is not growing, so there is little movement in the ranks of management. There have been numerous reorganizations in the past year and only within the past month or two does it seem like groups are understanding their new roles. Despite the reorganizations, many people have been at the same level in the company if not the same job for a long time. This does have some advantages but there is also stagnation. There is little training and professional development, especially after you have reached basic competency. There is not much communication between groups. The autonomy you have means you can learn new things and expand your skills, but expect to do all the heavy lifting yourself. You won't get much help. There have been aggressive cuts to benefits that are slow to return (but some are returning, which is a good sign).

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your engineers time and encouragement to work on side projects. You aren't offering much in the way of training or development, but you could spark some bottom-up efforts, communication between groups, as well as new innovation by setting up a formal system for side projects. Bring back guaranteed, timely 401(k) matching.

Review sprint

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Sprint

Pros: There are many posiotive sides of working for Sprint/Nextel which… Cons: Esspecially working in Call center has limited career growth. Advice to Senior Management: Since I didn't work long I dont have any thing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Small Business Sales

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Sprint

Pros: They offer good pay and benefits Cons: Management is terrible. Always trying to cut their way to prosperity. Manage exclusively… Advice to Senior Management: Merge with T-Mobile and start over with new management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sprint.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sprint CEO Dan Hesse . All reviews posted anonymously by Sprint employees.