Sprint

Enjoyed Being Part of the Customer Experience Team

Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Sprint

Pros

In general, really enjoyed making a difference and the opportunity to make necessary changes to make real improvements in how Sprint did business. Loved working for and with some really talented professionals that came together to make Sprint a better place.

Cons

Biggest challenge working at Sprint was the number of constant layoffs. Predictably looked for these to occur every six months. Although, understandable, having no end of year salary increases or real ratings was not a positive experience.

Hopefully, the company is getting to the point that routine layoffs will slow down and the healing can begin. Externally, the company is looking good. Keep focused on customer experience and creative customer product (service, product, billing, etc).

2436 Other Employee Reviews for Sprint (View Most Recent)

Mostly a fun atmosphere, stressful at times, tiresome because of hectic retail schedule.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Sprint is an up and coming company with a great service and phones. The people who work for Sprint are generally very friendly and easy to get along with. Benefits package is very good with 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (PTO), etc. You meet some very cool people. I met Bruce Smith (Hall of Fame football player), that made my year.

Cons

The commission structure is constantly tweaked in favor of the company. Customer satisfaction surveys (C-Sat) on a 1 - 5 scale count against your commission and it works out for Sprint either way. A good survey means the rep is definitely making the customer happy and saying good things about Sprint, while a good, but not great score means the customer is still likely happy with Sprint, but Sprint doesn't pay out on a "good" survey, only the best possible score. Like all retail, the schedule can be and is hectic and ever changing making it extremely difficult to plan anything, rarely would you get consecutive days off. People are very passionate about their cell phones and some people will yell and even threaten you with physical harm if you don't tell them what they want to hear.

My management team was always willing to back me up, I worked at three different Sprint stores and my managers at each store, with the exception of one, were great.

Harassed

Former Employee - Credit and Finance Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Credit and Finance Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Sprint Nextel is a reputable company, The pay is decent.Good benefits.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. Very micro managed.Managers not very knowledgeable.

Mangement needs to help out more on the floor to gain knowledge and understanding that everything could not be done in 3 min.Cut out the micro management. It reduces moral of employees.Look into more ways to advance employees. There is no room for advancement except floor walker or supervisor.There are only 4 supervisors and they are not going anywhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprint