There are newer employer reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market

A great work environment with friendly co-workers!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In-store discount, fun and friendly people.

Cons

None I can think of at the moment.

239 Other Employee Reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market (View Most Recent)

Sprouts offers flexible work schedules, competitive pay, and a fun and casual work environment.

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, competitive pay, weekly paydays, employee discounts, flexible work schedules, and a fun place.

Cons

Sometimes hours are cut back during the fall and winter months when business is slow but it picks back up after the New Year when people begin to focus on healthier choices again.

A good orientation program would be very helpful.

A Lot of Broken Promises

Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Flexible schedule
    - Fair promotions
    - Good pay rate
    - Decent upper-management
    - Good training
    - Friendly coworkers
    - You will learn a lot about health food, vitamins, grocery and retail operation
    - Opportunity to cross-train

Cons

When I started, the store was weeks away from opening. Most of the employees were promised full-time positions which only lasted a couple months. Throughout the course of my employment, my hours went from 40 a week to roughly 10. This happened on a large scale and it was attributed to budget cuts. There were times management wouldn't want to turn the air conditioning on to save money. Employees were also promised accessible, cheap insurance after a lenghty six months (this was said to be, in large, the way the company could keep such a promise). However, because everyone except management were considered part-time employees, many weren't qualified. I was, at the time, and could not afford it. I started as a cashier and was promoted after a few months. The workload doubled, but I enjoyed the freedoms. However, as sales dropped, all department schedules were routinely cut. We went from working three employees at a time to just one. Between stocking the shelves, preparing food, cleaning all the work areas, and helping customers, something usually suffered. Management increasingly became strict about overtime. I eventually quit because I was making just about as much as I was spending on gas to get to work.

Spend more time talking to employees and customers to find out what's working and what isn't. Try not to make promises you can't keep; employees understand there can be unforseen events but it's hard to be forgiving when promises routinely aren't kept. Try to find ways to be efficient without giving the employees more work than they can handle or the entire store tends to suffer.

There are newer employer reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market