Sprouts Farmers Market

There are newer employer reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market

decent part time gig

Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than a year)

Pros

consistent hours, employee discount, somewhat flexible scheduling, down to earth management, occasional free lunches, easy to switch departments, nice crowd.

Cons

comparatively low wages, demanding workloads, more responsibilities does not equate to pay raises, involuntary department switching.

i would suggest that management pay more attention to the individual contributions of an employee. my biggest qualm with sprouts (besides it aptness to pay me $9/hr in spite of working three departments and being the most efficient cashier in the store) was that i was forced to pick of the slack of fellow employees who made the same if not more than me. sprouts also has an annoying tendency to move inefficient workers to the front end whilst simultaneously short staffing it. for the amount of slack that i picked up in my time at sprouts, i felt the wages were pretty inadequate. on the bright side, chances are your fellow employees will be college-aged youngsters though so the atmosphere is definitely pretty comfortable for young people. that seems to be who they are most likely to hire as it is.

308 Other Employee Reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market (View Most Recent)

Former Produce Manager

Former Employee - Produce Manager in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Produce Manager in Murray, UT

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It all depends on the store manager. every company will have pros and cons, but it is all in the way the store manager treats their managers and whether or not they are penny pinchers and more "save labor" focused or investors and more "lets invest more labor to push sales" focused.
    I worked for a penny pincher and never got enough hours to do the job the right way. I had to cut corners which I hated and since I was on salary I was taken advatage of and would have to stay 11-12 hour days sometimes.

Cons

Again it all depends om your store manager, who will set the tone for the entire store. Yes there will always be store operational procedures you may not agree with or multiple bosses all telling you what to do and they all contradict each other, but if you have a solid store manager in place, this can really help.

Stop penny pinching and beong so nitpicky when you walk and evaluate the conditions of the departments and the store. It is always the stores personnels fault if things dont look good, but in all reality it is corporates fault for not giving the departments enough hours to do the job the right way. I dont understand how we are supposed to have everything 100 percent all the time with the little hours you give us to do our jobs. Another word of advice, if you do not know how to run a produce department or have never run one yourself, how the heck are you supposed to tell us who have had years of experience how we should run our departments and that we can operate on the little hours you give us? You guys really need to be more realistic in your expectations.

Awesome job at a great company

Former Employee - Courtest Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Courtest Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great first job and could go more again

Cons

long hours and the uniforms were green!

more pay