It's a decent 'in between REAL jobs' type of job

Current Employee - Scan Coordinator
Current Employee - Scan Coordinator

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Few people for many tasks= time goes by fast. 15% discount. In general, good people on the front lines. Plenty of people to tell you what to do.

Cons

I worked my tush off to get in on the ground floor of this up-and-coming grocery store, and was looking forward to the company going public, and how I could get my share of stock. Imagine this- only store management and corporate were invited to receive stock options, regardless of seniority! I found out I was left out of the party by getting tons of reminders by email with pics of the CEO and cronies ringing the bell in NY, thanking us for such a successful endeavor. Well, I'm offended that I worked so hard to find out that I am only making them a personal profit for their wallets. I can't understand why hours are being cut and we pay for our uniforms. Contests for employees with cash prizes never have winners, managers are full of crap and lazy, customers are the only form of feedback, and the dang music is constantly on, 24 hours, loud and never allowed to be changed even when store is not open. It's a very frustrating job putting up with incompetence and favoritism. Most of all, LOW PAY WITH SMALL ANNUAL RAISES IF YOU ARE LUCKY.

Advice to Management

Learn a little about the things you are bitching about. You are not as well respected as you think you are. I was raised to be respectful and laziness and avoiding issues diminishes any chance to be taken seriously.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fun People to Work With If You Are Not Management

Current Employee - Cashier in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-good discount 15% -great coworkers -works with school schedule -time off is easy to get if you give them one week notice -good work experience

Cons

-not a lot of job growth -not much salary growth -management can be difficult -customers can ruin your whole day -not enough hours/ bad scheduling -not many sick days/hours -management do not follow their own rules/ hold themselves up to the same standard

2. Pretty good people to work with

Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time

Pros

Always something to do plus great benefits and discounts

Cons

Some of sprout's way of doing things is a bit "odd"