It's a decent 'in between REAL jobs' type of job

Current Employee - Scan Coordinator
Current Employee - Scan Coordinator

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Few people for many tasks= time goes by fast. 15% discount. In general, good people on the front lines. Plenty of people to tell you what to do.

Cons

I worked my tush off to get in on the ground floor of this up-and-coming grocery store, and was looking forward to the company going public, and how I could get my share of stock. Imagine this- only store management and corporate were invited to receive stock options, regardless of seniority! I found out I was left out of the party by getting tons of reminders by email with pics of the CEO and cronies ringing the bell in NY, thanking us for such a successful endeavor. Well, I'm offended that I worked so hard to find out that I am only making them a personal profit for their wallets. I can't understand why hours are being cut and we pay for our uniforms. Contests for employees with cash prizes never have winners, managers are full of crap and lazy, customers are the only form of feedback, and the dang music is constantly on, 24 hours, loud and never allowed to be changed even when store is not open. It's a very frustrating job putting up with incompetence and favoritism. Most of all, LOW PAY WITH SMALL ANNUAL RAISES IF YOU ARE LUCKY.

Advice to Management

Learn a little about the things you are bitching about. You are not as well respected as you think you are. I was raised to be respectful and laziness and avoiding issues diminishes any chance to be taken seriously.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market

Benefits are good

Current Employee - Deli in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Deli in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a "Henry's" employee before we were bought by Sprouts, & I still get my 20% discount which is really great!!!!, cuz I shop for food, vitamins etc every week. I was a customer before I was hired. The deli mgr is a decent, fair person to work with - (lets me know that Im appreciated) I get 36-38 hrs/week. The health benefits (PPO) are good, main reason I'm still here. there is always a lot to do in deli & time goes fast. I have a fun time at work & enjoy what I'm doing.

Cons

The pay isn't good. Sprouts' won't even give a "cost of living" increase raise. When switched from Henry's over to Sprouts hourly rate pay scale, I was advised during my review that my hourly rate exceeded what a deli clerk is paid, & I don't get raises anymore even though I get great reviews, 4.5 overall.

Advice to Management

Corporate - should adjust their pay rate scale - minimum wage to $15.00 /hr is not enough to live on. If my husband didn't work & this was my only job, there is no way I could support my family. There are a lot of co-workers that have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet. Sprouts went public today on 8/1/13 and made $300+ million -on the stock market. Sprouts' stock (SFM) opened at $18.00 a share & made a 123%profit -wow, congrats that's great! Corporate is concerned about giving great customer service, & I agree, but start with your employees first, who really are your "boots on the ground" and Sprouts' ambassador.

It's just a grocery store

Current Employee - Vitamin Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Vitamin Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They're flexible with you schedule so you can work around school or another job. It's pretty easy work. Management doesn't seem to really care too much if you're late or call out occasionally.

Cons

Almost no chance for advancement. Even if someone is qualified to move up they'll keep you where you're at because you're doing such a good job where you're at.