Fun People to Work With If You Are Not Management

Current Employee - Cashier in Escondido, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-good discount 15% -great coworkers -works with school schedule -time off is easy to get if you give them one week notice -good work experience

Cons

-not a lot of job growth -not much salary growth -management can be difficult -customers can ruin your whole day -not enough hours/ bad scheduling -not many sick days/hours -management do not follow their own rules/ hold themselves up to the same standard

Other Employee Reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market

Don't do it...

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy & Mindless. Benefits. That's pretty much it..

Cons

Look, I have worked in Management for over 5 years for this company. I have worked at multiple stores now as a department head and I can tell you every store I've been at is the same. You work your butt off, proving yourself to another new manager, to gain respect, to try and move up or earn that pittiful $.40 cent raise(if you are lucky) to have nothing ever come from it, The old manager who was lazy and didn't know how to do his job properly(and everyone in the store wonders why he has his job in the first place) moves to another store and then you get to deal with the same MALE manager of the same calibur all over again. There are hardly any incentives to working here. Bonus's are sad, $100 if you are lucky (quarterly) 15% discount, employee appreciation days that you have to bring food to(potlucks, really?) No stock options!? We make you millions upon millions monthly and we cant get included in this? You have to pay for your own uniforms...sorry buddy, that freezer jacket you HAVE to wear because you are the dairy guy...well, that comes out of your OWN pocket. Oh, if they transfer you...dont expect a raise, Yeah, those extra miles you are driving... Thats on you buddy. Don't be a woman either, because only men move up. Sorry, this a boys club.

Advice to Management

Learn what you're talking about. Learn about other departments. We shouldn't know more than you. Be more respectful. Dont be so lazy. Have better follow through. Have answers for our questions. Actually get stuff done, nothing ever gets accomplished. Better communication. GET ORGANIZED!

Okasdfasfd

Current Employee - Vitamin Clerk
    Current Employee - Vitamin Clerk

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a strong department team, and do enjoy the trainings. I've had a good long-term experience and have overcome shyness while developing patience, but there's been a lot of change mostly for the worse.

Cons

Company has gone too corporate, many of the products carried feel "cheap" will less variety. Our manager is controlling, difficult, and does not understand how our department works or seem to listen to us. Plus we made more sales when we had more hours last year, but he's intent on lowering our hours and then wondering why our sales are lower (more stress, less time to spend with people, maybe?). The hours as a whole have decreased, yet somehow profits have increased too? HR is unresponsive if you want to truly email them anonymously (outside the portal), and between health care, cut hours, vacation hours being lost, rude and bullying customers that you have no power to say "no" to and get chided when you stand your ground, you feel unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Have an LP department, or glass case where high-risk items are locked away. Employees should be able to rate their managers, and we need the power to say "no" to customers once in awhile. I understand the value of "yes" and pleasing the customer, but some people are truly brats and growing up bullied and walked all over, this Sprouts Culture is becoming a worse and worse environment to be in. Plus we should be allowed more hours as a whole so that when more demands are put on us we can work harder without burning ourselves out. So many managers have quit or had to leave from stress. Please remember that we are people too and so what tasks may seem easy to juggle is not always so simple when we do interact with others or run into problems with new methods imposed onto us.