There are newer employer reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market

Nice people,but to worth it.

Current Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discount' nice co-workers. Good products

Cons

Too much work, not worth pay.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. It helps.

Other Employee Reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market

Typical Burn and Turn. Don't work here unless you want to be depressed! Worst company I've ever worked for!!

Former Employee - Assistant Vitamin Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vitamin Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

15% discount. Some cool people. Nice being around healthy food if you're into living a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

1) It's slave labor!! They never had the necessary amount of people which resulted in you doing the job of 2 to 3 people. These CEO's know the job market is filled with people looking for jobs. This company staffs at about 70-80% which results in you not only unable to do your job how you should, but you have to help other departments as well. Because there are 10+ people looking for every position, they hire you at the bare minimum wage. Once you get burned out from all the hours of hard work and quit, they know they can easily hire someone else. This is the typical structure of most companies post the Great Recession of 07'. 2) Little to no training. I was in the vitamin department and was thrown into the "eye of the storm." I was never given proper training which was annoying. Train your people! It's common sense!! 3) The benefits were good in 13' but when 14' hit, the PPO plan had a ridiculous deductible. 4) Vacation and sick time only occur after 7 months. I've worked at companies that give you 18 days of vacation when you are hired as part time!! The amount of time you accrue is a joke. Several hours at the 7 month mark after devoting 40 hour weeks for 7 months. 5) The turn over rate is shocking. I've never seen any place have such a high turn over rate. It's because of the low pay. It was rare that someone wold put in their 2 week notice. My district manager looked so burned out it was sad. 6) The company does not stock enough of the necessary tools (brooms, markers, pens) 7) The yes policy. Contradicts our company policies in order to make the customer happy. This results in rude, annoying customers. 8) Some of the store managers are a joke. They sit in their office and bark orders but rarely helped us out. These managers were praised by the higher upps too. THE VITAMIN SECTION 1) I worked in the vitamin section and wanted to help people get healthier and help increase sales. This position was more about doing labor tasks than anything else. Putting up tags/shipment, cleaning sections, doing resets, etc. DON'T WORK HERE IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO FURTHER YOUR SALES ABILITIES! We had a lady in our section quit because she was never trained by the company on the supps and pretty much just cleaned sections for 6 months. The only way someone stays here is if you have a true passion for the supplement industry and want to do YOUR OWN RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN TIME. Very little emphasis is placed on helping the customer find the right products to help them live healthier. 2) The guns!! Oh the ordering guns. They would stop working regularly, freeze up, etc. Much frustration was caused by these. 3) Sprouts has to hit a minimum $ amount when ordering for certain companies to get free shipping. Instead of paying $5-8 occasionally, we are forced to order way too much product!! This results in having way too much product on the shelf/overstock. It gets overly crowded and sometimes product just sits on the shelf and expires.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves because you are only in this industry for your own personal financial gains. You need to listen to what are the main problems your workers are dealing with. People are depressed working here!!!

2. Great place to work. Helped me mature a lot coming from a street fashion retailer.

Former Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay day every Friday. Great pay. Fun people. Made new friends Managers were great

Cons

Some customers have a really nasty attitude. It gets really crazy on Sunday and you go home tired and sore. All the codes for produce you have to memorize

Advice to Management

No advice. You all are great.