Square Enix

www.square-enix.com
  www.square-enix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Square Enix

I wish someone had posted this before...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Square Enix

Pros

If you NEED a job in the game industry and have been refused from all others than Square Enix may be the place for you.

Cons

Politics to the 10th degree. You will be underpaid. You will be asked to work very long hours (sometimes meetings will be held in the middle of the night due to Japan staff. You will not see your significant other or children very much (except to put them to sleep). Your feedback is not welcome as Japan and EU do what they want. NA is a distribution arm and that's it. Simply put this is not a fun place to work at all. Staff has been seen crying at their desks, treated very poorly (yelled at), etc. Avoid....

Take a hard look at yourselves and think about why the turn over rate is exceptionally high at Square Enix. Fair compensation would go a long way. Make Square Enix a fun place to work and simply fire the executives that are consumed with power and ext. political. They know who they are.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Square Enix (View Most Recent)

Challenging work environment and juggling many items at once.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Square Enix

Pros

Good benefits. Company is stable. You will learn a ton either by being taught but mostly by just doing it.

Cons

Very slow to promote. Low compensation and can be long hours (if you let it).

Fair compensation that meets industry standards.

Abusive and incompetent management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Square Enix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours allowing for a good work-life balance.
    Central office.
    Health benefits.

Cons

I don't think this applies to all departments, but I work there under very abusive and incompetent management and have to deal with a disastrous workflow and with bullying every day, and for pennies, too. One day I decided to talk about it with my manager. I think this short extract from the reply I faced says it all: "Being happy at work is not the norm. Just because you're unhappy doesn't mean I have to do something about it." Welcome to Square Enix.

Improve (sorry: start, simply) training
    Improve pay
    Understand that a happy employee is a productive employee, stop bullying and start rewarding.

There are newer employer reviews for Square Enix