There are newer employer reviews for Square Enix

Amazing first step into the Gaming industry.

Current Employee - QA Tester in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Square Enix as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome company culture
Hire from within
Good people
Great learning opportunity

Cons

Some older employees come off as overly jaded and unmotivated
Not much room to grow
No onsite development

17 Other Employee Reviews for Square Enix (View Most Recent)

Lots of fun and great people

Current Employee - QA Tester in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Square Enix as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

For trying to break into the video game industry, you couldn't find a better place to do QA Testing than Square Enix. The environment was well lit and kept cool (sometimes a little too cool) and you're constantly surrounded by SE merch. Getting to talk with your coworkers is easy and encouraged, and everyone there is very helpful and super friendly. Food was brought in and shared at LEAST once a week.

Cons

The turnaround is pretty fast. People come and go and moving up is (I hear) very hard. I've also heard that some pretty major changes happened to the QA dept after I moved on. I hope the environment is still as great as it was when I was there.

Please keep being so cool.

I wish someone had posted this before...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Square Enix

Pros

If you NEED a job in the game industry and have been refused from all others than Square Enix may be the place for you.

Cons

Politics to the 10th degree. You will be underpaid. You will be asked to work very long hours (sometimes meetings will be held in the middle of the night due to Japan staff. You will not see your significant other or children very much (except to put them to sleep). Your feedback is not welcome as Japan and EU do what they want. NA is a distribution arm and that's it. Simply put this is not a fun place to work at all. Staff has been seen crying at their desks, treated very poorly (yelled at), etc. Avoid....

Take a hard look at yourselves and think about why the turn over rate is exceptionally high at Square Enix. Fair compensation would go a long way. Make Square Enix a fun place to work and simply fire the executives that are consumed with power and ext. political. They know who they are.

There are newer employer reviews for Square Enix