Square

www.squareup.com

The most challenging and satisfying job I've ever had

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsManagement that truly listens. A culture of constant improvement, with smart and passionate coworkers. Working on a good product at a company that cares about it's customers and community. A dynamic and quickly changing environment. A reasonable work/life balance.

Unlike some reviewers, I find the work life balance totally acceptable, but it does require require some amount of personal responsibility. Decide how much you're willing to work, and then do that. I tend to work 40 hours a week, and take several weeks of vacation a year. I encourage my team to do the same.

ConsSquare is still a young company, so it's still figuring out how best to work. There isn't always the same structure you'd expect to find at a more mature company.

We have a high standard of quality for all of our work, which can be both a pro and a con.

Meaningful work and mission, collaborative culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Square full-time for more than a year

Pros: Our mission and work is meaningful and has a positive impact on the world. Senior management's integrity… Cons: We've grown quickly, and there have been some growing pains. The information overload takes… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to keep a laser focus on execution and innovation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great learning experience, formal for a tech company

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Square as an intern

Pros: Incredibly smart people, strong core values, great design, fantastic perks. The people are nice, the food… Cons: Stringent, almost corporate culture, formal for a tech company, tense atmosphere. While the people are nice they can be workaholics - nothing on a finance… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Square.

Worked for Square? Contribute to the Community!