Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and people. very collaborative.

Cons

Still in transition stage. many changes in people management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Absolutely amazing place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Care in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Morals, Values, and support for their employees. This company may not have all the bells, whistles, and incentives of others... But for a guy like me that is midway through his career, disenchanted with most corps, and looking to be inspired about his work, I would never look anywhere else. This company cares about the work it does, and it supports it's people. I may be speaking only to my department, and of course there are always a few crappy managers or employees, but on the whole, I LOVE working here.

Cons

None. There are the normal ups and downs with any company, but I get to go home at night feeling like I've actually DONE something. I get recognized for good work, assisted when I'm having issues, and overall, I don't wake up and dread the fact that I'm going to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!

Invaluable experience! A great place to work and grow. Anticipate dynamic daily challanges.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Workplace: Quiet, respectful and very busy! OPS, Biz Dev, MKT, Design and CS are located on one floor and ENG has their own. No one has a personal office here which makes upper management very accessible. Company Attitude: Overall quite positive. We're growing and very busy but we have a common goal to reach and putting in an extra hour here or there isn't that bad. Co-workers: SquareTrade hires well-rounded, intelligent and adaptable people, 99% of whom are easy to work with. Extras: free breakfast on Mondays and Wednesdays, free catered lunch on Fridays with special events (weekday picnics at Golden Gate Park, marathons, costume parties, wine & cheeset tasting, Giants games) and occasional ST-funded happy hours sprinkled in.

Cons

Workplace: The company is expanding rapidly and tasks shift from one person to another without any notice so adaptability is a must. We're a bit cramped in our current space but we'll be moving to a larger space in 2013. Company Attitude: be willing to put in extra hours here and there; they are inevitable no matter what department you are looking at. Co-workers: be well prepared when you need to meet with another dept. We've all got things to do! Extras: the more events, the better! There are so many new people here and so much to get done, it's hard to make connections otherwise.

Advice to Management

Get us into a larger space soon! Set up some mixers for new hires to meet & greet with their buddies and people from other depts.