There are newer employer reviews for SquareTrade

Lots of sweat and Lots of laughs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All-star (and nice) coworkers, challenging problems to sink your teeth into, and the reward of being able to provide amazing services to people.
Collaborative culture - we learn and sweat together. We recognize failure and learn from it.
On my teams people have a great sense of humor.
Having a manager who believes in you defining the vision, execution, and testing for a project.
Open and very candid company culture.

Cons

As the company gets bigger the management is becoming more top-down, resulting in some products or teams not getting enough internal traction to make impact.
Priorities are constantly changing, so it's important to remain flexible.

Allow more space for individual ideas to flourish

42 Other Employee Reviews for SquareTrade (View Most Recent)

Best Experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SquareTrade full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone here has a chance to make a BIG difference and own the success of the company.
    You can see the commitment to building a truly great company in the little details, such as organizing ongoing “Lunch and Learn” sessions to help everyone gain a deeper understanding of our business, and the CEO invites people to lunch and chat from time to time.
    We have an amazing product that literally "Wows" customers everyday, that would explain why we have 225k+ fans on Facebook esp for a warranty company
    Smart and passionate people. Not sure how they do this, but there isn't a rude or super cocky person that works at Squaretrade. They don't get hired and if they find their way in, they won't survive.

Cons

Started moving more towards the corporate world. Some teams have too many processes - things should move faster at our size. Engineering and QA are not fully aligned sometimes.

Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes.

Marketing leadership was awful

I worked at SquareTrade full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great location, great views from the office, some nice colleagues.

Cons

They are cheapskates, watching every penny and trying to squeeze every last hour out of their employees. You get what you pay for.

Also, marketing leadership didn't know much about marketing.

CEO is decent, all other top management is difficult to work with and in some cases disrespectful to employees, particularly women.

There are newer employer reviews for SquareTrade