St. Anthony's Medical Center

www.stanthonysmedcenter.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for St. Anthony's Medical Center

South County Medical Center experiences management angst as it tries to move organization forward.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center

Pros

Proximity to highway and low commuting time.
Trying to change culture to improve overall organization for the future

Cons

Lack of respect for mid-management level from both senior management and administration.
Lack of respect for supervisors and managers by staff. Employees tend to feel they always know best.
Zero incentive for staff to continue education to improve self.
Zero incentive by staff to seek continuing education.

Advice to Management

For management there is little balance between work and family life. Management is constantly stressed to accomodate the "flavor of the month" project without any respect to time commitments spent on current scrapped projects. The expectation is to just change the course of the ship and keep moving forward. Family life definitely plays no importance for management staff.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Management has no integrity!

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time

Pros

Not much. Close to the highway, so you can drive to a better hospital. There are nice fast food places near by since the cafeteria is disgusting.

Cons

They are going to lay off employees. Instead of being honest they give us the run around. It is very clear management hold the employees in contempt. They just lie when asked a direct question despite the promise to be more honest. When asked about layoffs we're told that the manager didn't know anything about it. This is in direct conflict with what other upper management have revealed to us. So we are just left to wonder when they will drop the hammer those of us who are going to be let go.
    Many of us are already trying to complete 10 hours of work in 8 hours. When asked, management and/or supervisors talk about the other hospitals they work at, or say we should be happy to have a job. Very helpful.
    When I take a day off, the next day I am asked why something is not done. They give me a puzzled look when I tell them I was not there. Or they pull me away from my schedule to do something else and then wonder why some task on my schedule was not completed.
    My department is very top heavy with to many bosses. Most do not understand what it is me and my co-workers actually do.

Advice to Management

I would advise to open lines of communications with your subordinates and understand them and their jobs better. That, however would mean you actually care. Since you seem to be hell bent on running the hospital in the ground you can do it faster if you just admit you just care about your jobs and your wallet. STOP wasting ours and your time having department meetings just so you can not tell us anything. STOP having us complete employee surveys and acting surprised when you get low scores.

Being a Catholic hospital is a front, they do not care about people

Current Employee - Dietary
    Current Employee - Dietary

I have been working at St. Anthony's Medical Center full-time

Pros

I like the early hours 630am to 3pm

Cons

Those in charge do not treat those in my dept with respect. They cut positions, then tell us we need to figure how to handle it ourselves. We are always short staffed, and because of that we need to work to the point of exhaustion to get the work done.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect! We are not horses you should run into the ground so you can save money! You cut positions and keep us short staffed so you can save money. Good for you. We pay the price. Not only do you keep us short staffed, you add more work on us. There are older woman there who are limping, out of breath, with bad backs, stuggling to keep up with the extra workload all so you can make more money. SHAME ON YOU. This is supposed to be a Catholic hospital, caring for human life and?? PLEASE! ALL you care about is your profit. I cant tell you how many times a patient has been upset from being ignored. A few examples...having to hold their blatter for hours on end, crying in need of pain medications.They complain of their lights being on for a long time with no one coming in to check on them. Its Horrific and Disgraceful!