St. John Health System

Sales for Regional Medical Laboratory, a division of St Johns, OK

Sales (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at St. John Health System full-time for more than a year

ProsYou can negotiate a decent salary. Benefits package is okay...pretty good if you are a Tulsa employee.

*Re Salary: if you chose to take a sales position, negotiate the highest base that you can because you will NOT be paid squat in bonus. They make up every reason in the book not to pay. You don't get paid if the client is late with payment, or if they decide that they had any kind of remote relationship before you started calling on the patient, or if they are a partner in an office where another doctor is already using (that's just an added user, not a new client...the office is the client). Seriously. My commission checks (when I ever got one) was less than a thousand per quarter.

Cons"Sales Organization" is a joke! No budget, NO training (they throw you a stack of business cards and tell you to go get 'em), SO many obstacles to sales...will not invest in patient service centers, they expect patients to drive 20-30 mins to a draw station when all other labs offer a service center on every corner, Interface for clients take at least 8 months, service will KILL you...they NEVER get it right from labs to pricing to billing...customers stay constantly frustrated until they quit (most do), the list goes on. Sales management is HORRIBLE....NONE have ever done sales of ANY kind...it's like having the receptionist telling the computer specialists how to do their jobs...CRAZY.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet someone who know what she's doing! There is a reason turnover in your sales department is constant....Hello, YOU'RE the common dominator! The part that cracked me up most is that, every time, I (or another rep) would discuss obstacles in the field or give suggestions to get more business, management would say something like, "We've heard this with many of the reps (before you, now fired), and we simply do not agree. You just have to work harder/be more convincing". In the short time I was there (less than 3 years), this company went through SEVEN reps. My manager had a load of old sales employees badges in his desk drawer...he called it the "sales graveyard". Cute.

PSSI- Hard work, Compassion DOESNT PAY- THey do not live by their own Mission and Vallues

Tulsa, OK

I have been working at St. John Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: PSSI- OMNI Medical Group & St. John Physicians--The environment you create in your own office… Cons: no employee appreciation. No pay increases. Many changes in rules that are vague, then they choose to use the rule to their advantage when it… Advice to Senior Management: PSSI "upper Management" needs to be evaluated. Daily activities are all surrounded by what they think Dr. Young is asking for which is all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It could be worse, but it could also be a lot better.

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
Springfield, MO

I have been working at St. John Health System

Pros: Awesome and immediate benefits Pay is decent Job security is almost guaranteed Training… Cons: Constantly short-staffed, so you have to work a lot harder to make up for it Management is pressured with money issues, like most… Advice to Senior Management: Keep places fully staffed, you're screwing your employees over (and we know it) when you don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on St. John Health System.

Worked for St. John Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. John Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for St. John Health System CEO David Pynn. All reviews posted anonymously by St. John Health System employees.