St. Joseph Health System

Ok place to work

Current Employee - Lift Team Tech in Eureka, CA
Current Employee - Lift Team Tech in Eureka, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System

Pros

Decent benefits, nice people, no fear of layoff

Cons

crappy pay, crappy hours, no room for advancement, managers are penny pinching rather than looking out for the employees. They work you too hard and pay you too little.

pay better

72 Other Employee Reviews for St. Joseph Health System (View Most Recent)

I have been in the same position for over 10 years and am staring to look for a change within the hospital.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System

Pros

It's a good Hospital with mostly caring people working here. For the area the pay is OK and the benefits are almost unbeatable. Of course when you work at a hospital, you expect good health insurance. But the other benefits are good also excellent PTO/vacation hours.A good support system if you are careful how you use it. I do work with mostly great people in my department and most of us who stay over a year stay for good. I have just begun to look at other other possibilities within the hospital because I'm tired of doing the same thing for over 10 years and would like to try my skills in another role.

Cons

On the other hand the policies of open communication are like politics anywhere-the policy states that there will not be repercussions for speaking out but it really is not true. Of course it depends on your department and your intermediate management. In my department there are a few positions that no one wants and so they are revolving door positions.

Pay more attention to how employees feel about the department managers and how morale is maintained (or not) within each department.

I love my job, it's my career.

Current Employee - R N in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - R N in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System

Pros

Friendly employees. Wonderful physicians and nurses. R.T. are the best. I have made friends with my co- workers, we are like family. I love how all the different units pull together for the best outcome for the patient.The health insurance is very affordable. The retirement plan is excellent. I like that we as the employees are asked to be on different committies asn we are able to have input in future plans.

Cons

I wish we were allowed more sick days. Six days per year just isn't enough for parents of little children who get sick frequently, nor is it enough time if you have an elderly sick parent to take care of. I wish the nurse/patient ratio was lower, when we have five or six patients it becomes difficult to clock out on time without getting overtime, not to mention I think that it isn;t very safe.

Our charge nurses need to be team players if they are going to try to lead a team. Lazy employees need to be reprimanded, employees that are "pot stirring" need reprimanded as well. You can't run a unit to be a team if this behavior is allowed.

There are newer employer reviews for St. Joseph Health System