There are newer employer reviews for St. Joseph Health System

overall lack of professionalism reflected in the treatment of employees and placement of less than qualified managers

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Harriman, TN
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Harriman, TN

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System

Pros

The benefits are very good

Cons

The pay is low and the management is out of touch.

Advice to Management

value your employees more! This leads to high morale...which translates to increased profits in the short and long run!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Ok place to work

Current Employee - Lift Team Tech in Eureka, CA
    Current Employee - Lift Team Tech in Eureka, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System

Pros

Decent benefits, nice people, no fear of layoff

Cons

crappy pay, crappy hours, no room for advancement, managers are penny pinching rather than looking out for the employees. They work you too hard and pay you too little.

Advice to Management

pay better

2. I have been in the same position for over 10 years and am staring to look for a change within the hospital.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System

Pros

It's a good Hospital with mostly caring people working here. For the area the pay is OK and the benefits are almost unbeatable. Of course when you work at a hospital, you expect good health insurance. But the other benefits are good also excellent PTO/vacation hours.A good support system if you are careful how you use it. I do work with mostly great people in my department and most of us who stay over a year stay for good. I have just begun to look at other other possibilities within the hospital because I'm tired of doing the same thing for over 10 years and would like to try my skills in another role.

Cons

On the other hand the policies of open communication are like politics anywhere-the policy states that there will not be repercussions for speaking out but it really is not true. Of course it depends on your department and your intermediate management. In my department there are a few positions that no one wants and so they are revolving door positions.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to how employees feel about the department managers and how morale is maintained (or not) within each department.