Miserable

Former Contractor - IT Analyst in Anaheim, CA
Former Contractor - IT Analyst in Anaheim, CA

I worked at St. Joseph Health System as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Not sure if there are any.

Cons

Infrastructure management has a very confrontational attitude towards contract employees. We are "just contractors, so just do your job or you'll get replaced." Management uses threats instead of leadership, and this is towards both contractors and employees. The network and telecom group seem to be all learning on the job, with no real current skillsets. This is evident with a new VoIP program being implemented. No technical or management experience, but yet the expert provider hired to implement is constantly ignored. Not sure if the CIO is aware of the incompetent infrastructure management, but he really needs to take a close look. IT doesn't seem to follow the core values instilled by the Sisters, and the this is the first place I have ever seen where using LEAN methodologies is completely backward actually causing increased and duplicate work effort.

Advice to Management

The CEO and CIO need to take a very close look at Infrastructure to see the underlying issues of poor management and decisions. You cannot brow beat employees, or promote techs to manager that just become parrots...really.

Other Employee Reviews for St. Joseph Health System

1. Excellent work environment very good management team

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Orange, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management good supervisor and peers

Cons

Location office moved too far to drive

Advice to Management

None

Opportunity for Productive Employees

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growth opportunity, faith-based, fair pay, friendly environment, access to senior leadership.

Cons

Can be political, minimal staff in most areas, conflicting ever-changing priorities, ongoing struggle between system office and individual hospitals which causes great delays an impacts productivity.

Advice to Management

Increase transparency, greater alignment with hospitals so we can function as a true health system. Hoag? I don't even know where to begin...