St. Joseph Health System
www.stjhs.org Orange, CA 5000+ Employees

Miserable

IT Analyst (Former Employee)
Anaheim, CA

ProsNot sure if there are any.

ConsInfrastructure management has a very confrontational attitude towards contract employees. We are "just <f word> contractors, so just do your job or you'll get replaced." Management uses threats instead of leadership, and this is towards both contractors and employees.

The network and telecom group seem to be all learning on the job, with no real current skillsets. This is evident with a new VoIP program being implemented. No technical or management experience, but yet the expert provider hired to implement is constantly ignored.
Not sure if the CIO is aware of the incompetent infrastructure management, but he really needs to take a close look.

IT doesn't seem to follow the core values instilled by the Sisters, and the this is the first place I have ever seen where using LEAN methodologies is completely backward actually causing increased and duplicate work effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO and CIO need to take a very close look at Infrastructure to see the underlying issues of poor management and decisions. You cannot brow beat employees, or promote techs to manager that just become parrots...really.

Excellent work environment very good management team

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Orange, CA

I have been working at St. Joseph Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great management good supervisor and peers Cons: Location office moved too far to drive Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I felt at home with St. Joesph Health System

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at St. Joseph Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros: St. Joseph Health System is flexible with schedules to include a positive work-life balance. They… Cons: Some downsides are from a leadership stand point. Not everyone is open to large initiatives and consolidations that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on St. Joseph Health System.

Worked for St. Joseph Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Joseph Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for St. Joseph Health System CEO Deborah A. Proctor. All reviews posted anonymously by St. Joseph Health System employees.