St. Joseph Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for St. Joseph Medical Center

New Lab Employee

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Towson, MD
Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Towson, MD

I have been working at St. Joseph Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are friendly. Pay is not bad. Pretty happy overall with the new job, but management was not upfront about everything in the interview. They're willing to work with you, but you have to stand up for yourself and push them a little bit to get it done. I like that they give you a lot of freedom and independence to do your work the way you feel is right, but they also have good procedures in place to guide you in the right direction as well.

Cons

The layoffs and financial worries created some drama, because again, management wasn't upfront about it and therefore rumors were flying around.

Be more truthful and upfront in interviews and increase communication to decrease negativity

22 Other Employee Reviews for St. Joseph Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Impossible to reach pay scale

Former Employee - House Keeping
    Former Employee - House Keeping

I worked at St. Joseph Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at St. josephs hospital cleaning patient rooms I enjoyed meeting the elderly people and it was generally good employees to work with. I meet some good friends that I stay in contact with to this day.

Cons

Saint Josephs hospital advertises that they will pay you a certain amount of money based on reviews. One employee was there for twenty three years and did not reach the highest pay. You only get one holiday off a year and worked every other weekend. This is a job that ask a lot but offers little in return I made under eight fifty an hour. You have to run a buffer in patients rooms and there is a lot of work on one person. They gave us a pager and it was blowing up with calls and you where often approached at lunch breaks and told to stop eating to go clean something.

These cleaning people should be paid like a doctor! give them at least ten dollars and hour. And treat them like human beings. Maybe you wont have such a high turn over if you hire enough workers instead of asking to much for nothing .

ok

Current Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at St. Joseph Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

none, really hard to work

Cons

weather. politics. need open atmosphere

listen to feedback