Great employer, enjoyed my time there

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Communications Specialist  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Communications Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My salary was great when I worked there and everyone that I know enjoyed working there. The work was enjoyable, the benefits were great, and it was wonderful working for such a stellar healthcare organization.

Cons

Really none that I can think of

Other Reviews for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System

miserable

Current Employee - RN OR  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - RN OR in Houston, TX

I have been working at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay is mildly competitive, benefits are ok

Cons

work for a director who cannot perform my job. pharmacy does not provide medication for the OR in a timely manner. lab has not provided emergency blood to the OR. circulators have to recover with PACU which is not industry standard. fear relatiation from management if we speak up.

please hire qualified applicants in management positions. directors and managers need to be a resource for the other staff.

Clinical staff control the health system without fully understanding that the health system is a business.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System

Pros

Friendly employees. Comfortable work environment. Knowing that you're helping patients who are in pain. Challenging environment due to changing landscape in healthcare.

Cons

Too political. The health system isn't run as a business. The leaders at the top haven't worked in "for profit" industries and don't know how to run the health system as a business. Leaders are disingenuous. They show a friendly, caring face in your presence but it's not genuine.

Hire leaders outside of the healthcare system to make tough business decisions. Look at the staffing in each department. There's many areas that are bloated and other areas that are understaffed. Bring in outside consultants to challenge the operational leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System.

Worked for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System? Contribute to the Community!