There are newer employer reviews for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System

My stay was short but sweet.

Former Employee - Financial/Treasury Analyst  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Financial/Treasury Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a faith based organization.

Cons

Management needs to weed out the negative employees.

Listen to staff when they have a complaint.

35 Other Employee Reviews for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System (View Most Recent)

Really great hospital for clinically oriented pharmacists

Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Houston, TX

I worked at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management is supportive and pro-active on promoting pharmacist driven intervention. Great academic hospital environment. Better than average automation and software, McKesson hardware, EPIC software. Responsive, IT department with several pharmacists on staff. Large Clinical Coordinator/Specialist staff to support specialized patient populations. Good benefits packages compared to most other Houston hospitals. Centered in the Texas Medical Center, so you have access to frequent educational activities and other learning institutions such as MD Anderson Cancer Center, The Methodist Hospital System, Hermann Memorial and Ben Taub trauma centers, University of Houston Pharmacy School, Baylor College of Medicine, UT Health Science Center... the list of Pro's goes on and on.

Cons

Really not many things I can say as down-side of working at this institution.

Be a bit more open with future direction of the institution and the department.

Good people to work with

I have been working at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vacation accrual. Decent Pay. Co-workers are good people to work with.

Cons

Upper management. What you see in quality of managerial styles or lack thereof is all trickled down from the behavior of upper management. We use to have strong, experienced, people on most levels of management. Our former CEO did a great job of keeping things that way. Current management does a poor job and puts the wrong people in the wrong places.

Stop trying to tank what is really a great health system. AKA: Catholic Health Initiatives should work to find and remove these mongers of waste.

There are newer employer reviews for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System

Worked for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System? Contribute to the Community!