St. Luke's Hospital (MO)
www.stlukes-stl.com Chesterfield, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

My immediate co-workers are great ! The managerial leadership is lacking.

Therapist (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsMy co-workers on my peer level are fun, hard-working, and understanding. They are the reason I enjoy my job.

ConsThe nursing divisions are not consistent in how they implement policies, nor how they schedule nurses. Nursing division with higher acuity patients appear understaffed and have increased "pull" nurses, while lower acuity divisions have ample nursing and nurses aides.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management in nursing seems disjointed. Please help nurse managers become consistent with policy ... it would greatly improve daily operations. Professional expectations seem to be implemented/enforced either by wimsy or by default. Rules seem to "change" back 'n forth with management unclear on how to implement/enforce change.

Could be ok, just depends

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

I worked at St. Luke's Hospital (MO)

Pros: This is about St. Luke's South, in Overland Park. Mostly a good staff.… Cons: Some members of the management team are inexperienced. The few bad apples on staff are allowed to stay and they make everyone else's job harder.… Advice to Senior Management: Follow through on suggestions given by employees. Don't pit your… More

Overworked nurses

Nurse (Current Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

I have been working at St. Luke's Hospital (MO)

Pros: It's a loyal institution to it's employees. Cons: When there's a nursing shortage, there are perks for nurses. When there is no longer a shortage, the… Advice to Senior Management: Directors of patient service areas need to give more autonomy… More
There are newer reviews on St. Luke's Hospital (MO).

Worked for St. Luke's Hospital (MO)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Luke's Hospital (MO) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for St. Luke's Hospital (MO) CEO Gary Olson. All reviews posted anonymously by St. Luke's Hospital (MO) employees.